Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell and New NASCAR kits 2013/14

martinfan5

I have no inside info on this one.......I know they are looking at it.....but they are looking at lots of things!!! I'm working on the next Model King Revell kit now....but not sure if it's been announced yet so I'll wait for someone to do that!

I'd like to see new NASCAR kits....but money may get in the way IMHO.

You know something that we haven't heard Dave? I am a hugh Dodge fan. Of the 5 vehicles I have owned 3 of them have been Dodges. Would love to be able to continue pulled for my manufacturer. On a side note I am very pleased to see that Allen Johnson won the NHRA Pro Stock Championship this year driving a Dodge Avenger. As well as Jack Beckman winning the NHRA Funny Car Championship behind the wheel on a Dodge Charger.

The Dodge folks themselves said the left only because no teams of the level they needed were open. They also admitted that the response they got when they said they were leaving 'made it apparent the impact we had was greater than thought'. And a Cup Championship Sunday will add to that.

They don't consider Penske a top team? Hendrick-Roush-Gibbs are the top tier, everyone else is fighting for recognition. I would love to see Dodge stay in it, would be tough to throw away the gains they've made to date. Maybe it was Penske that wanted the change?

And yeah, if they win a championship next Sunday that will be tough to overlook as well.

Almost forgot, a new kit of anything NASCAR would be awesome!

Edited by bbowser

Bruce, Dodge could not find a top team to switch to , Penske is going to Ford in 2013, so thats what they meant by not finding a top team, yes Dodge counts Penske as a top team

Dave is right, Dodge said that they wanted to take a year away from NASCAR and evaluative their program, and then look at coming back in 2014, now this was all said in the first part of the year, now that Brad K is on his way to bringing a championship home in a Dodge, that just might speed that process up of Dodge returning

Slim pickins' I'm afraid. Stewart won't be leaving the Chevy fold, MWR is solidly Toyota. That leaves Ganassi? Petty? From what I've read a top-flight engine shop is the biggest stumbling block. If Dodge comes back they'll have to start from square one again.

Slim pickins' I'm afraid. Stewart won't be leaving the Chevy fold, MWR is solidly Toyota. That leaves Ganassi? Petty? From what I've read a top-flight engine shop is the biggest stumbling block. If Dodge comes back they'll have to start from square one again.

You are 100% correct , that is why the left, they want a top level team to replace Penske

Penske was not happy with Dodge flip flop on it's commitment to NASCAR. Roger is a business man and felt the need to go to Ford, Ford wanted more good cars....so the switch was on. Look to Ganassi to bail. Chip does not like being Chevy team #4.....and was Dodge when he entered NASCAR and won with Dodge. Chip follows the money and Dodge may go there......that's why a ONE year deal with HMS for motors.......and not a multi year deal.

Penske was not happy with Dodge flip flop on it's commitment to NASCAR. Roger is a business man and felt the need to go to Ford, Ford wanted more good cars....so the switch was on. Look to Ganassi to bail. Chip does not like being Chevy team #4.....and was Dodge when he entered NASCAR and won with Dodge. Chip follows the money and Dodge may go there......that's why a ONE year deal with HMS for motors.......and not a multi year deal.

I can see Chip going back to Dodge, you are right, he is team #4, and it shows

Round 2 have purchased Polar Lights molds, so anything is possible

Kinda....in a way.......

Polar lights was owned by Tom Lowe and was part of his Johnny Lighting group. RC2 bought JL/PL and ran it under RC2......until Tom Lowe Leased AMT/MPC/PL/JL from RC2 and from what I understand he has now bought the assets from RC2 owner Tomy. The circle of life hobby version!

As far as Chip goes how much pull does the Earnhardt side have? Earnhardt was a big component for Chevy.

Zero, none, nada , Eranhardt is in name only, DEI which Dale Sr built is all but gone, yes the buildings are still there, but thats it, Theresa Eranhardt sold DEI, and I dont think has been seen for a very long time, she took the money and ran sorta speak.

I could be wrong , but thats my understanding on everything, Dale Jr has no ties with anything that was DEI related or Theresa

Kinda....in a way.......

Polar lights was owned by Tom Lowe and was part of his Johnny Lighting group. RC2 bought JL/PL and ran it under RC2......until Tom Lowe Leased AMT/MPC/PL/JL from RC2 and from what I understand he has now bought the assets from RC2 owner Tomy. The circle of life hobby version!

That made my head spin :lol:

There's a good reason Theresa Earnhardt has acted the way she has since 2001...but the D sr. fans don't want to hear it, acknowledge or believe it. ;)

Not disagreeing with you, there have been so many rumors about her since well 2001, but I think she is becoming a faded memory to most by now

Very true John. However, since I walked many a mile on pit roads and infields from 1976 to 1992, I can pretty much tell you which were rumours and which are not. Grant you I did not know the Earnhardt family personally, but I saw and heard enough to know what type of woman she was, as well as what type of man he was. I'll end this by saying only this about Dale and Theresa...it wasn't good. ;)

Oh I know that part of it not being good was true, you could just tell

I know Jr and Kelly (don't know about the other kids) had a small percentage in DEI that came to them upon Sr's untimely demise. Don't know how that issue was handled when Theresa sold out but last I heard they still held it.

I know Jr and Kelly (don't know about the other kids) had a small percentage in DEI that came to them upon Sr's untimely demise. Don't know how that issue was handled when Theresa sold out but last I heard they still held it.

The part of DEI that still exist is the merchandise part of it, so that is most likely the part that Dale Jr and Kelly have int erst in, the rest of DEI (the racing part) was merged with Chip Ganassi in 2009.