Model Cars Magazine Forum

66 to 77 bronco ?

Hey James,

I am not sure anyone is doing the Gen 1 Broncos at this time. I am assuming that this is what you are looking for as the years you stated I believe are a bit off. I think the last year for the Gen 1 Bronco is 1974?? If I recall correctly A/FX did both a Stock and a long nosed drag version of the Bronco but I have not been able to find it recently. Hopefully it will turn up again as it is a real neat subject to make a very unique build!!!

Edited by KT EASTMAN

James, sadly no kits were made of the Early Bronco... a 78 and an 80/81 only.

There is somebody out of Nashville putting out a pair of resin bodies (the same as A/FX): the stock body and an elongated "Bronco Buster" body. He sells on eBay pretty often and go for around $25-45.

The body was/is actually cast from a 1/24 toy from back in the late 60's. GayToys made it I believe.

There were rumors about a year ago that Tamyia was going to make an EB kit as they were at a big Ford event photographing/measuring a Bronco there. Sadly they came out with the EB RC body instead :lol:

John

There were rumors about a year ago that Tamyia was going to make an EB kit as they were at a big Ford event photographing/measuring a Bronco there. Sadly they came out with the EB RC body instead :rolleyes:

John

John, don't give up hope yet. They've been quietly asking questions on these Bronco's. With the measurements and photo's taken there is a good possibility they could issue it as a 1/24 kit. Although the RC crawler body came out people have been begging them to bring it out in plastic. Will it happen? No idea, but emailing them your interest or hitting their message board can't hurt.

It's a shame that those early Bronco's haven't been in plastic. I certainly think it would be a big seller. I know I'd have to have a couple.

Chris