Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '90 Mustang LX 5.0 2'n1 Special Edition

Casey

I'm no model expert, but other than the mold marks on rear bumper, that looks really good!

Noticed that...one thing I'm wondering about is the shape of the edge of the decklid...on the 1:1, there is a slight curve at the top edge of the decklid from left to right, peaking above the keyhole. Looks flat in these pics. The main issues (and there are many) I've seen raised by others are the height of the windshield opening and side window openings---- people that have seen the kit and whose judgement I trust and that know the 1:1 really well (I've owned 2 Fox Mustangs, but others have much deeper experience w/ them). The general consensus so far is that the body is less accurate than previous Monogram and MPC Foxes.

I noticed the LX and blue oval decklid badges are missing, but I think those are #3 on the decals. I wonder why the police decals have '70s style Cali plates..

Here's a pic of a 1:1 illustrating the decklid curvature I'm talking about..

lrs-42528a_2543.jpg

Edited by Rob Hall

Thanks for posting those pix, Brett!

What does the instruction sheet indicate parts 130, 135, 137, and 142 are?

130 = Light Bar Bracket

135 = Emergency Light (2 go into flashed over holes on package shelf)

137 = Spotlight (has a separate clear lens #144)

142= Emergency Light Lens

Thanks, Brett.

Hard to tell, but the roof does look like it might be a bit too low as Rob mentioned.

I like how the trans tunnel was handled, and adding the copyright info on the bottom of the gas tank will make removal a breeze. The 5.0 looks very nice, too, and it looks like the upper half of the intake manifold and throttle body have some nice detail. Ejector pin marks on the bottom of the floor pan, where they'll be hidden? Nice.

What are the hood-tach shaped lumps on the package tray?

Thanks for taking the time to share your photos , Brett !

Looks like a very impressive kit ; close to absolute perfection !

The engraving is just gorgeous ; super detailled and highly realistic !

I agree with Casey ; good call on Revell-Monogram's part as far as the ejection pin points (even the hood's underside's pins are in acceptable locations !

The decals are so-so , in regard to their phantom police dept markings . The California "E" (for "Exempt") plates , while incorrect for a 1990 model year vehicle , are still quite nice . Ca's 'exempt' plates were blue / gold until circa 1984 , when , at such time , the so-called "Sunburst" plates were utilised . A 1990 Exempt plate would be pearl white , reflective , red "CALIFORNIA" with blue characters .

This kit looks like a superb candidate for sharing its parts ! The separate diff cover for the infamous 8.8" rear is great !

Now , I'm curious about how its tyres look ...

My local stores have just started getting them, and it's for sure on my 'do want' list...I already have my Pursuit Plastics' NYSP decals from scale cop car guru Tom Sheehy.

Those mold lines on the rear bumper look kinda gnarly, but I've seen worse, so they won't stop me from getting one.

I just recived my kits today also it looks nice to me the one thing I seen is that if you do the police version Revell went with two red lights for the roof bar I wonder why wan't there one clear or even blue one for that other than this little issue it is a fantastic kit and very nicly done by Revell I will be getting more of them in the comming mont or so.

I just recived my kits today also it looks nice to me the one thing I seen is that if you do the police version Revell went with two red lights for the roof bar I wonder why wan't there one clear or even blue

You can contact Revell and they will send you clear lense for the lightbar free of charge, and runs of the kit after this first run will have clear lense

The only body probs, yea, the roof is >< just short, but the rear trunklid bugs me, its very flat, and the rear upsweep is pronounced. I'm perusing mine right now. Also, for a new kit, its a dirty mold, more flash than a first release should have, and lotsa cleanup of parts in general. I'll make it work....

Jeff