Model Cars Magazine Forum

32 Ford Coupe

Mercman

WOW. 1/25th scale must feel like you're painting a bus after you do a kit like that!

[/quote

ActuallyI gave up 1/25th to work in this scale. I still have some 1/25th kits, but not as many as before. Went from 500, down to about 30. Now I bet I have close to 200 1/87th cars, and trucks, and 40-50 buildings that I'm working on. Also no I dont own a train layout, I have some rolling train stock, but it is for diorama purposes.

Your little coupe looks good. I like it. How did you make the headers?

Edited by Mercman

I used .035 styrene rod. It is a tab big for the scale but, it was close enough. I measured out how close the body was to the front of the engine, and how far the exhaust needed to stick out of te side so it wouldn't interfere with the body. I just heated the rod up under my halogen desklamp, and made a nice tight bend with tweezers. then I cut the front exhaust pipe to length and added the other 2 pipes, angling the cut so they match up with the main pipe. It was somewhat tedious work, but it looks better than not having exhaust manifolds at all.