Model Cars Magazine Forum

37 Ford Convertible w/ trailer from Revelle

wgflatliner

My "get out of my anti-modelling slump" build is going to be a 37 ford convertible w/ trailer kit from revell.

I don't have any pictures YET, but i will have them by tonight now that i have a new camera.

The plans for the model will be as follows:

Paint:

Enamel candy apple red (body, firewall, engine block, valve cover and air cleaner recessed areas, frame)

gold accents and pinstripe to match body lines, nothing too crazy

tan convertible top

Engine:
fully detailed to include plug wires, fuel lines, carb linkage, fuel filter, battery wires, possible transmission linkages, vaccum lines, or any other small details i can add.

Chassis:

brake lines, chassis fuel lines, possible updated brakes, possible modified suspension to give it a stanced look, and possibly emergency brake cables

Interior: there will be multiple colors done with the interior to complement the paint and convertible top. those familiar with the kit might know the door panels and seats have pre-etched lines in them that will contain light tan, dark tan, and the body color (flat and gloss)

The kit itself is an old mold, and has some consideral amount of cleanup that's necessary which would also include fitting the body pieces together and filling any gaps between the floor pan and the firewall, etc.

I know it's been a long time since i've posted, but that's because i have been in a slump and have been looking at my stash and finally decided to do something. I will be trying to build this up to be a competitor at IPMS nationals in Colorado this August, so I hope all ends well with it. The first step will be body fitment and body work, then primer and paint. once the body and paint is perfect, i'll move on to the chassis, and interior last.

yay.

here's an overall shot of the body line. the one just below the door that curves down towards the back will have the gold pinstripe.

P2280047_zpscf6252c8.jpg

here's the gap between the firewall and the body pan that needs to be addressed.

P2280045_zps0411c8b2.jpg

both rear quarters have this gap that will need to be fixed.

P2280043_zpsd31e0fb3.jpg

There's also a gap between the top of the firewall and the windshield cowling area that will need to be filled.

As far as the seats, and door panels, this is what the pattern looks like, and the different colors will be integrated:

P2280041_zps8dfd3a0a.jpg

and here's an overall shot of some of the parts, showing where i've started.

P2280037_zpsdd56afad.jpg

I got the motor glued together, but mocked them all in place to get an idea on what i have to work with.

• 1 month later...