Model Cars Magazine Forum

WORK BENCH SATURDAYS!!

Jared Roach

Sunday now,but these are on the table.

Tamiya 500 SEC Lorinser with Tamiya 600SEL AMG v12 engine and trans + 80s style AMG wheels. Just an mock up as for now.

005-1.jpg

007.jpg

AMT 58 Impala. Plan is to make clean street machine with VCG 572 cid engine.

009-1.jpg

012.jpg

IMG_0078-vi.jpg

I got a lot of work done on this one this weekend. The interior is pretty much in it, the seats have been in and out three times. Last time because once I got the door panels glued in, they hit. So out they came to pull them in tighter to the center engine cover, which also had to come back out when I saw I forgot the install the friggin radiator before I glued it in.

And it's tough to remember what you were thinking during the build of a model that has been sitting 15 years. See the porthole tear drop window hole? I had some neat kit part ones, that would have been installed from inside the body on whatever van kit I swiped them from. But the resin body was too thick and I didn't have the holes carved out big enough to accept them anyway. So out came the Vac-U-Form and I made myself a thin pair that are now glued to the outside of the body. I used a silver Sharpie to give them a frame and they look A-Okay. It's things like this that have made the final details of this one very slow going! The project is at that point where you glue on one part and need to walk away to wait for it to dry.

Now onward to figure out a better way to do the jalousie windows on the passenger side!

Edited by Tom Geiger

great looking camper..only one thing i see u may wanta change is the tail lights..a little to much of them is sticking out.. great job..

I had that thought after the CA glue had set up, now they aren't coming off, the pictures amplify their size as compared to looking at it in person anyway.

Nick

I guess its time to clean the desk... YaaY workbench saturdays

The 70.5 is ready to go together...post-11948-0-29401300-1389563797_thumb.j

The Challenger is just started...

The '49 is ... ah... umm a work/experiment in progress... :unsure:

The '40 delivery... well :wacko: ... it will be a rat rod.. :blink: someday

Right now I'm gonna buckle down and get this 70.5 DONE :angry::lol: