Model Cars Magazine Forum

Never try to catch a pin vise!

Ouch! Whenever I drop something pointy I always try to stay out of it's way wherever it's falling!

I once dropped my exacto right onto my foot, luckily I had my shoe on and it bounced right off.

I've gotten cut my kit plastic more then anything else. Once got a paper cut on some decals though, and paper cuts hurt!

dont, catch hammers with your knees, feet or legs, it hurts and the hammer allways bounces on to something important that brakes easily.

And dont bend knives with your teeth, the teeth cracks before the knife even

starts to bend, forks works just fine tho, i found out while showing off at lunch..

dont catch melted metal that u spill when molding, the scars never go away.

and for god sake dont try to stop the sowingmachine with youre fingers, the needlegoes straight threw and brakes into dossenz ov splinters, this one, however i didnt do myself, that was a friend of mine...

I tried the sewing machine thing once, It does hurt. I guess i was lucky though, when I went to the ER to get checked out, there was only one piece of the needle in my thumb.

My new rule is never try to catch any thing. I recently tried to cath my exacto knife as it rolled off the bench, and stupid me forgot the table was there and did a header right into it, almost knocked my self out. This come from the book of dumb things I have done. :roll:

I have done pretty good latly. The last mishap here was when I was using a full sized Black and Decker drill, trying to drill a hole in a piece of metal, slipped and put the bit right into my left thumb then had to go to the ER to make sure no small pieces of the drill bit were in my thumb. Sad thing about it, I broke my only 3/16" drill bit

Just tonight I found the set of micro bits I bought off of a surplus website, sciplus.com. It comes in a little metal box with a flip lid. Their description stated that the bits like to fall out of their holders into the box if you hold the box upside down. Well I went one step further and dropped the box while it was open. So, being dark, I grab my telescoping magnet-on-a-stick and combed the rug for them. My cat thought it was great that I was playing with him so he played the "bat the drill bits out of the magnet before they get to Ron" game. Once the cat was "removed" from the room I assembled the pile of bits (drill, not cat bits) on my desk. Now they refuse to go back into the box in order because they're all magnetized and keep sticking to each other. :x

BTW the common reflex of closing your legs when dropping somthing on your lap is a bad idea when you drop an x-acto knife.

Also, don't mistake a hot soldering iron for a computer mouse.

Ron, It sounds like you have had a very interesting evening to say the least. Yes them lovely little kittys can make looking for things, such as micro drill bits a real challange, But ya love 'em anyways. I would just leave the drill bits in a small container for a while, I would think they would lose there magnatism after a while

Yeah I taped a piece of sprue around my xacto handle. Now I have those handles with the hex-nut on the end that keeps it from rolling. At work we glued a foam block to the table and stick the xactos into that.

No matter what method, they don't keep you from flicking them off the edge of the table and into your lap/foot/eye if you just leave them sitting around carelessly.