Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's ur favourite build?

If for some reason u were only allowed to save 1 of ur built models whitch would it be? (just 1 photo per person) and a little reason why u would save that one? Thought I'd ask as there is loads of cool cars. Thanks Craig. Will add mine soon!

I would have to say this would be the one I'd save. This was my first major kit bash using 3 trucks a tank, another truck frame, and a lot of misc parts. I put a lot of work in this build and this truck also helped me realise my child hood dream of doing well in a big show. Cool topic :DDSC02652.jpg

I would have to say my Ford F350 Super Duty because I almost lost it forever when I sold it on ebay. I was fortunate that UPS almost completely destroyed it in shipping, So the guy sent it back. I had it insured for 200.00 more than I sold it for and was able to refund his money, get the truck back and make the extra 200.00 on top of what I sold it for on ebay! Since then the truck has been put back together and is show ready.

014-1.jpg

But then I would really have a problem giving this one up, but thats a whole differant story.....

finishedunderglass001.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

This may not be my absolute best build (I think my 1/43rd Starter Ferrari 275P is it) but it's one of my favorites. It's the closest I found to my first 1:1 car which was a '54 Ford Customline. I painted the '53 in the same colors and interior scheme as my car. Even though it's my favorite, I'm going to give this model to my brother who was a teenager at the time I owned it, and he loved it. I also gave him that Ferrari and a '57 Chrysler 300C, and I keep pestering him to take photos of them so I can post them in my gallery!

53Ford_0056-vi.jpg

Just one, huh? Tough call...Well, I recently finished this one, and it was the longest to finish, as I boxed it away for a long time due to some issues. I started it in late 1991 or early 1992, as close as I can guess (kit was released in 1991, and I used reference pics from Motor Trend, April 1991), and finished it at the end of June this year...Revell 1969 Baldwin Motion Camaro. Lots of firsts here - valve stems, engine plug wires, fuel lines, heater hoses, sanded the back of the grille to open it up and foil casting of 3 'SS' emblems. Nice kit, few issues, and I wrecked a body and had to buy another kit to start over on the paint. Anyways...not my absolute favourite, but the one I put the most into over a long period of time, including learning a few techniques. Here it is:

1969BaldwinMotionCamaro019.jpg

More pics here if you care to look,

I don't really have a favorite model...I just build stuff and move onto the next one..I sell off most of my work, so I try not to become too attached to any particluar one.

I did have alot of fun building the "Christine" Pro mod race car..It's not my best work, but it turned out well for the most part, and was a good experience for me trying a few different building techniques.

DSC00001-1.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Edited by J. Sauber

Uh, I guess we'll go with this one ~~~ although there were three others that were virtually tied for the honor!

This 1956 Studebaker Commander sedan was an AAM resin body (mastered by Juha Airo) combined with an AMT '53 Studebaker Starliner donor kit to create a phantom Kansas Highway Patrol car.

An older build, it is not my best effort ever, but one of my favorite projects and it still turns heads. Also my first magazine appearance.

KHP56003-vi.jpg

IMG_0037-vi.jpg

IMG_0035-vi.jpg

This was a 24-hour build, Hasegawa curbside Nissan Bluebird (Datsun 510) with some unidentified parts box wheels and tires. This was just the most fun kit I've ever built. It all fit, it was fun, and I just had a great time putting it together. It's not my "best" but it was sure the most fun, and since that's what matters most I guess that makes it my favorite, too.

Nice work!! that's a very clean and precise 24 hr build...

Heck, it takes me over 24 hrs just to get a model up on it's wheels and sitting straight...LOL.

Uh, I guess we'll go with this one ~~~ although there were three others that were virtually tied for the honor!

This 1956 Studebaker Commander sedan was an AAM resin body (mastered by Juha Airo) combined with an AMT '53 Studebaker Starliner donor kit to create a phantom Kansas Highway Patrol car.

An older build, it is not my best effort ever, but one of my favorite projects and it still turns heads. Also my first magazine appearance.

KHP56003-vi.jpg

Now that's a cool cop-car...I like that one alot. Very nice..

I'd have to go and commit a misdemeanor so I could get to ride around town in it... :)

Edited by J. Sauber

Just one, huh? Tough call...Well, I recently finished this one, and it was the longest to finish, as I boxed it away for a long time due to some issues. I started it in late 1991 or early 1992, as close as I can guess (kit was released in 1991, and I used reference pics from Motor Trend, April 1991), and finished it at the end of June this year...Revell 1969 Baldwin Motion Camaro. Lots of firsts here - valve stems, engine plug wires, fuel lines, heater hoses, sanded the back of the grille to open it up and foil casting of 3 'SS' emblems. Nice kit, few issues, and I wrecked a body and had to buy another kit to start over on the paint. Anyways...not my absolute favourite, but the one I put the most into over a long period of time, including learning a few techniques. Here it is:

1969BaldwinMotionCamaro019.jpg

More pics here if you care to look,

Very nice!!

I would have to say my favorite build to date is my current project, a custom Ford LTL 9000 truck. I've been building this for a CBP on another site, but I have the WIP here, too, and it really has been a test bed for many new techniques I've never attempted before. It has a numerous amount of firsts for me, including being the first large sleeper conversion and stretched frame I've attempted, something I've always wanted to do but have not been brave enough to try until now. As the work progresses, it will also be the first model I will have used Alclad on to redo chrome, not to mention the first time I will also ever use my airbrush. It's also my first colorshifting paint job and will also be my first attempt at making my own decals. Anyway, enough rambling, so here's my one pic, and sorry it's not finished yet like everyone elses, but hopefully it will be soon! :)

HPIM2155.jpg

This is a tough call as I take a lot of pride in almost everything that I build. There have been so many projects over the years that I have really been happy with. But, if I was only allowed to save just one build it would have to be this one.

My Jeg's Pro Mod Mustang was a real joy to build and the pride that came out of it for so many reasons. It was my first scratchbuilt master that I did for a resin body. It was also my first attempt at working with a brass chassis. It wasn't the greatest of paint jobs as the Alps printed decals did not come out all that great, but I am still very pleased with this one overall.

DSC259-vi.jpg

SCModelShows136vi-vi.jpg

I'd hate like hell to have to pick just one of mine, but this one would surely be high on the save list. My 'Joe Dirt' Daytona Charger. I did a lot of research, pushed my skills to a new level, and had a lot of fun in the process....I feel it's my build with the most character.

DSCN6394_edited-vi.jpg