Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nick's New Ride - Finished ! 12 - 17 - 12

TooOld

I hate to jump the gun on Christmas but since it takes me a couple of months to finish a build I might have waited too late to start this one . I've had this idea for a while .
I always thought that Rommel's Rod would be a good starting point but that it just looked way too big . So the first thing was to reduce the overall appearance .

Edited by TooOld

It had to be narrowed a bit to fit the frame better .

New drive train mocked up . Blown big block Chevy with a 12 bolt rear end .

Front suspension fitted .

And the future owner looks pleased !

Edited by TooOld

Great idea I love it! The little Trophy cars are a great idea also! The little Nick looks in scale, would you mind sharing where he was sourced from? (Please don't say the North Pole :lol: ) Not too early at all on a project like this, who has time once the season starts anyway?

The resin Santa is made by Jimmy Flintstone . I got him and a couple of lady helpers from Black Forest Hobby . The ski's are from the MPC Rupp Snowmobile , also using the the front axle and all the steering goodies . I wish I had some of those Trophy Cars , I'll have to look around for them .

I'm still thinking that the main body is too bulky , so I'll probably section it so it looks lower and sleeker .

Any other suggestions are welcome since I'm kind of designing this on the go !

Thanks . BOB .

I've lowered the body over the rails another 1/8 " and moved the fenders up . Cut the door openings , made a firewall and small running boards . I found a rear seat that fits pretty nice but am still looking for the front seat . Also , I can't find a radiator that works . . . all the ones I've tried ruin the look of the sleigh .

Maybe it can fly without one !

Edited by TooOld

Thanks guys . I thought about putting the rad in back but I like the idea of it laying flat in the front . I want to put some kind of aerodynamic cover on the front so that will work out great .

Reindeer antlers are a possibility if I can find some the right size !