Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any Future Truck Projects or Goals ?

Bench time seems to be more frequent with the shorter days and cooler weather.

What do you have in mind of building ?

Me - I have several Big Rig projects to finish up.

(1) BJ McKay KW - Finially obtained decals for it.

(2) IH 4200 Shorty

One thing I want to do though is build a Cummins "assembly line" and build up 6-10 AMT Cummins engines to where all I have to do is drop them in the frame of the next project.

Edited by Old Buckaroo

I have a whole list of projects I want to get to...

I currently am mid-build on a Peterbilt 379 and a Kenworth K100.

I am working on a master for a W900L with aerocab to cast in resin, so I will definitely have to make a complete truck out of one of those :D

I really want to do a "then and now" build of 2 versions of the same truck. I have pictures of a particular Kenworth K123 when it was new, and I know where it is currently sitting in a field. I took a few pictures of it in it's current run down state (missing a few parts and pretty faded/rusty). I want to build a model version of it as new, then a weathered and run down version of how it looks today.

I also have plans for a stainless steel Great Dane reefer as well as a Utility 3000R reefer.

Well,my wife has me remodeling the house right now. Its not the kind of modeling I want to be doing. Besides having a ton of cabs to mould and cast, I have a few projects on the brain. Im currently working on a box stock Autocar Dump truck, and want to build a matching truck with a dump trailer instead of the tandem body. I want to build some 1/16 Peterbilts and finish up some lingering builds.

Wow, where do I start? I guess my first truck modeling goal is tio finish what I've already started! Sort of figure that's a good plan. :D

As for new builds, I have all of the parts to make a relitavely accurate 1992 Kenworth T600 from the AMT kit, and I want to make a Peterbilt 288 from the reissued California Hauler kit.

As far as long range goals, I have planned:

Sonny Pruit's W900 from Movin' On

Will Chandler's K100 from In Tandem

Snowman's W900 from Smokey & the Bandit

American LaFrance Century Series Ladder Chief

1968 American LaFrance 900-Series AeroChief from Syracuse FD

1973 Ward LaFrance P80 Engine 51 pumper from Emergency!

1972 Dodge D300 Squad 51 from Emergency!

Ford F8 tractor

and the list goes on..... :lol:

Edited by Jim B

Pete 367

KW W900 aerodyne

Pete 359 about 3 of those

Freightliner COE 2 of them

Freightliner FLD

Pete 379 6 of those

IH 4200

IH COE

Pete 359 wreckers 2 of them

KW W900L

IH Prostar

Trailers:

Scratch spread axle

2 beaded vans

Livestock

Freuhauf flatbed 1

Freuhauf flatbed 2, conv into hay doubles

Italeri van, conv to grain trailer

And a big scratch build 6 axle Cozad... eventually

All of these are definitely not in any kind of order

Edited by Petetrucker07

I'm with James on the Squad 51 , I have the utility bed and the decals just need the Dodge truck .

Also want to get the California Hauler done that I'm currently working on.

Where did you get the utility box & decals? I got my decals from Police Decals & Deals in eBay (now that they're correct). I know JBot sells them, too.

I'd like to do a Mack B61, A Ford N600, an old Kenworth and some sort of transporter to put car models on. I'd also like to build a replica of the IH 4700 my daughter's father in law built to tow his 5th wheel camper.

Ti-Coq0002.jpg

The same daughter's husband is service manager at a Kenworth dealership and I may end up doing a display model for him.

well......I want to do an astro 95 with a Wilson livestock trailer, and another pete 359 with auto transporter filled with 69 Baldwin motion Camaro's and a titan with auto transport filled with 66 chevelle wagons/elcamino's / SS's. have it all 'in stock', just need to get after it. as luck would have it, NY winters are loooong, so I have a good shot at pulling it off :D

• 2 weeks later...

I want to do a tribute build for my Dad, who passed away back on Sept. 1st... Back in the early '80's, when he started driving OTR again, he started out in a red R model Mack with a silver Mercury bunk. His beer of preference, back in the day, before he quit drinking was PBR, soo..... I want to build a red R685 with sleeper pulling a 40' PBR billboard trailer. What's stopping me, right now, is the cost of the R model kit. Being that the DM kit is being reissued, maybe we'll see the R reissued as well... Here's hoping.