Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need a measurement from the Moebius 53' trailer

Honestly Joe, if it were me, I'd hold off on permanently attaching the fifth wheel until you do get the trailer, that way you can get the look you want for certain. I know at least with me, not only with models but the 1:1s I drive as well, I prefer my fifth wheel to be placed so that the front apron of the trailer lines up with the top of the quarter fender's top rubber flap.

Honestly Joe, if it were me, I'd hold off on permanently attaching the fifth wheel until you do get the trailer, that way you can get the look you want for certain. I know at least with me, not only with models but the 1:1s I drive as well, I prefer my fifth wheel to be placed so that the front apron of the trailer lines up with the top of the quarter fender's top rubber flap.

Thats how i do mine. It looks better that way. But sometimes in real life it cant be that way, but not often, only when its a goofy load or loaded goofy. Union lumpers tend to be careless or could care less

Thats how i do mine. It looks better that way. But sometimes in real life it cant be that way, but not often, only when its a goofy load or loaded goofy. Union lumpers tend to be careless or could care less

That sounds like a Walmart load! :lol: There are very few loads I haul that are balanced nicely enough to have my fifth wheel on my 2013 Cascadia where I really want it but it is still only a hole or two back from my preferred spot. The fact that my truck doesn't have front quarter fenders doesn't help either, but if the fifth wheel was much farther up, the reefer may hit the rear sleeper grab handles, there isn't even enough space to fully open the reefer doors for the mechanics to work on it without dropping the trailer and pulling up a few feet, and don't ask how I know this! :lol: