Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell GMC Syclone Reissue?

It's just a reissue of the original kit; it's not on the shelves quite yet.

I never built mine; it's painted white/silver like the ones that ran in the Hot Rod series, but that's as far as it got. Pretty decent kit. I doubt there are any changes to it, unless they included some custom graphics and perhaps wheels/tires.

I think David T. is building one for an SA review. I could be wrong, but the pictures I've seen of his look beautiful. I'll be buying one of these. I never did pick it up back in the day.

Looks like the tires are no name.

I'm going to say it probably is a straight re-issue as Bob suggested.

Chris

I think David T. is building one for an SA review. I could be wrong, but the pictures I've seen of his look beautiful. I'll be buying one of these. I never did pick it up back in the day.

Looks like the tires are no name.

I'm going to say it probably is a straight re-issue as Bob suggested.

Chris

Do you got a link to the pics?

Who you calling useless?

My ex-wife's body fit perfectly in the bed of that truck....

Just kidding, I never owned one.

Had two of the Dakota R/T's though.

I would love to have had one.

It was a killer truck, and you could haul things, besides okole!

Wasn't the Cyclone a fast little truck but one that couldn't haul anything in the box? Kind of a useless truck, no?

Yeah, if I remember, the payload was only about 500 pounds, the only it could haul was, for lack off a better term, the mail!! I know it had a souped up 4.3 L and AWD, but can't remember if it was turbo or supercharged.

It was turbocharged. The T-case and front axle center section are the same as the Astro/Safari AWD vans.

As far as "useless" goes, they're no less useless than all of those current pickups with the 4 door cabs and 5' or less bed. Can't even haul a load of lumber in one of those.

Yeah, if I remember, the payload was only about 500 pounds, the only it could haul was, for lack off a better term, the mail!! I know it had a souped up 4.3 L and AWD, but can't remember if it was turbo or supercharged.

It was turbocharged. The T-case and front axle center section are the same as the Astro/Safari AWD vans.

As far as "useless" goes, they're no less useless than all of those current pickups with the 4 door cabs and 5' or less bed. Can't even haul a load of lumber in one of those.

Gotta agree....but it sure did move!!!!!!

I just picked one up 59 minutes ago at my LHS. The tires are no-name tires that will fit the rims in many other Revell early 90's kits - the T-Birds, Mustangs and others. Nothing special in the kit - optional sliding/fixed rear window, two sets of taillights, rear roll pan. The decal sheet has stock markings in red and custom in white, red seat inserts, and GMC wheel decals. No underhood markings. It builds a stock version only and is molded in white. The wheels on the box top are what's included in the kit (chrome, of course) with the GMC logo embossed.

Nice little kit.

• 5 months later...

Sorry to bring this back up :lol:, but I found out while browsing the instructions that the "custom" decals they give are for the rare Syclone Marlboro edition!

DSC01949.jpg

In addition to the standard Syclone parts, it came with:

T-Top

Recaro Seats with 5-point harness

CD Changer

Was repainted in PPG Hot Lick Red

And only 10 were built.

The kit instructions show it with the stock wheels painted black, which would be close enough unless you really wanted to be exact (in which case there would be a whole lot more work involved).

Really though, I didn't specifically say that the Marlboro edition parts were included, just that the custom decals were the same as it. If you wanted to actually make it, you would have to do a little extra work. B)

That's one I plan on buildig eventually, if ya want more pics of that syclone, I got a few I found on the net including the bracket the holds the roof pieces while in the bed, just let me know and I'll post em.

I new once I saw the decals they were for the malabro syclone.

And this reminds me, I should really get back on my syclone crew cab phantom.

Edited by bowtiebadboy333