Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Moebius Ford Pick-ups 1971 Ranger XLT AND 1969 Custom SWB

SteveG

I think I will wait until the kit is actually out before I make any more comments on the accuracy; anything said before the final product hits the shelf isn't fair as I believe Moebius is trying to make things right.

I dont feel that anyone is off base. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, hence why I gave mine. I came here to read about the development of a kit that I would love to have, and find a labyrinth of pages of the same guy foaming at the mouth over something that hasnt been finalized, or released yet. Its nice to know of the flaws that have been pointed out. That shows a keen eye.I have dreams at night about flawless kits just as much as the next guy, but at the end if the day its not worth all of this uproar and twisted panties.

Bob Turner ~

What exactly are these "basic standards of accuracy" you speak of? Where are they published? I'd like to look them up and familiarize myself.

Then, if the upcoming-but-not-yet-finalized-yet--alone-released Moebius '69/'71 Ford pickup kits fall short, I'll have the citation to refer Moebius to.

Boy, the old "we expect an accurate kit vs. we can fix it, we're modelers" debate has never gotten more of a thorough thrashing than in this thread!

Everyone has a different level of acceptance... some of us take inaccurate kits as a given, some of us expect a kit to be accurate right out of the box.

I have to say that I'm in the second camp. Expecting a scale model to be an accurate representation of the real thing is not some sort of crazy, pie-in-the-sky notion... it's an absolutely valid and rational expectation. And people who comment on the flaws of a kit are not lazy whiners that can never be satisfied and demand a "perfect" kit... they are people who expect a kit to be accurate, and when it's not, they discuss the kit's shortcomings on a model car discussion board. Imagine that! Using a model car discussion board to discuss model cars!

If you are one of those people who either don't care about accuracy, or are willing to fix an inaccurate kit, that's fine. For you. But what gives you the authority to tell those of us who do expect a kit to be correct in the first place that we are somehow off-base? :blink:

Fixing a kit's flaws is certainly within the capabilities of most of us. But that's not the point. Sure... most of us can do that work... but the point is, we shouldn't have to.

Agree 100% B)

Bob Turner ~

What exactly are these "basic standards of accuracy" you speak of? Where are they published? I'd like to look them up and familiarize myself.

Then, if the upcoming-but-not-yet-finalized-yet--alone-released Moebius '69/'71 Ford pickup kits fall short, I'll have the citation to refer Moebius to.

X2

I dont feel that anyone is off base. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, hence why I gave mine. I came here to read about the development of a kit that I would love to have, and find a labyrinth of pages of the same guy foaming at the mouth over something that hasnt been finalized, or released yet. Its nice to know of the flaws that have been pointed out. That shows a keen eye.I have dreams at night about flawless kits just as much as the next guy, but at the end if the day its not worth all of this uproar and twisted panties.

And, agree 100% here, too. B)

It's silly ~ or worse ~ to get all lathered up over an early work-in-progress test shot. It's not unlike peeling a potato, taking a bite, and complaining vehemently that it doesn't taste like a French fry.

"Foaming at the mouth" isn't the sort of language to indicate you don't think anybody's off-base.

And an honest examination of this thread will reveal that the true "foaming" started not in the criticism, but in the same, sad personal attacks on the critics, as it has been, time immemorial in these forums, rinse, lather, repeat.

So now it's an abuse of over-privelege to have a frank discussion about a kit in a forum ABOUT model kits, huh? And you guys have the brass to harp on twisted panties?

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

"Foaming at the mouth" isn't the sort of language to indicate you don't think anybody's off-base.

And an honest examination of this thread will reveal that the true "foaming" started not in the criticism, but in the same, sad personal attacks on the critics, as it has been, time immemorial in these forums, rinse, lather, repeat.

So now it's an abuse of over-privelege to have a frank discussion about a kit in a forum ABOUT model kits, huh? And you guys have the brass to harp on twisted panties?

Question for the self-appointed:

What is over-privelege? I didn't recognize the term and it doesn't seem to exist in the dictionary.

Edited by Danno

First, get it straight who's appointing himself -

I agree Terry. People sure are getting fired up. Actually a little too much, it is, in the end, 1/25 plastic model kit. Not a heart transplant, or a mortgage payment. Like you ill buy it, just build it how i want. My perfect, well hopefully. As im not much above the glue on the windshield builder. Which i like that analogy. Looking at the early test shots, my only observation is the roof and door window. When the new "test shot" is posted, then the discussion and opinions will be more relevant. I agree with you to Harry, lets wait to see how the revisions come out. Its just funny how grown men are bickering like little old bitties, over, again, a 1/25 plastic model kit thats still in development. They should be lucky that we have this forum to discuss new kits, and feel overly privileged that the manufacturer is communicating and listening to the feedback. I will again say thank you Dave, for posting the test shots and reading our feedback.

then ask him.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

Not privilege to discuss the kit, but its the fact that Dave does not have to be involved in the discussion. Everyone has a right to their opinion, and some here seem to be bothered, upset whatever because some dont see it their way. 1 thing is for sure and we all agree, is we want an accurate representation of the 1:1. To expect perfection, not in my opinion, hope for perfection, you bet ya. Having a conversation, nothing wrong with it, but some of the responses kinda got personal, was that really necessary. For the most part were adults, have our opinions and respect that the next guys may not be the same, some like me, will agree with some points of the opinions. Should the manufacturers hold themselves to a higher standard, absolutely. Now when the final kit is released, and you, this goes out to everyone, if the kit does not meet your standards for what you consider to be "perfect", speak with your wallet, its that simple.

The correct term would probably be "over-privileged", but the point is moot. We are pretty much all "adult" modelers here and we do have the privilege of airing our grievances regarding the products of the manufacturers whom we support. Granted, the subject in question might be just a "test shot", but flaws have been noticed and the manufacturer has been called on them. And, it seems as though a rep of the manufacturer acknowledges the situation; we can hope that the flaws that can be corrected will be corrected. I'm sure we all applaud and appreciate that.

It is not unreasonable for consumers of any goods to expect a quality product from a quality manufacturer. It is good customer relations for a manufacturer to acknowledge customer feedback and act accordingly.

And, if I choose to get my panties in a bunch, foam at the mouth, go punch a wall or ignore this situation- so what? Does my reaction matter so much to anyone that they must tell me so?

You guys have a blast beating the hell out of that dead horse over there, I'm just going to go hit the unfollow button.

Can someone send me a PM if this ever gets back to anything useful? Thanks.

I was just about to say the same thing. This has become argument just for the sake of arguing. I never really thought there were different sides of the fence when it came to modeling, but apparently there is "us and them"

wherever you go. Sad.

10-4 ;)

First, get it straight who's appointing himself -

then ask him.

I had it right.

You're the one who used the word/phrase 'over-privilege,' which I didn't recognize. And it doesn't exist in the dictionary. So, I thought I could get a little education from you.

Since you never make a mistake, it must be a real word with real meaning. Enlighten us.

And, if I choose to get my panties in a bunch, foam at the mouth, go punch a wall or ignore this situation- so what? Does my reaction matter so much to anyone that they must tell me so?

:lol:GOOD point! :lol: