Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cruise-in at Ed's

DynoMight

Story:

It's 1963, and you're racing to finish your car so you can go to the county's biggest cruise-in night at Ed's diner. Rumor is they'll be giving out a trophy and $200 to the guy with the best car; and you want to be him, plus, you can really use the $200 for new rims, or tires, but that's next year, if we don't make Ed shut this down. The cutest girls in town will be there, and maybe the cops, sneaking around the diner, trying to pin some charges against the kid with the best car...

Rules:

1. Car must be pre-1963
  2. Correct mods done to it for the time period (No turbos or crazy superchargers)
  3. You can either go for a completed show car or something that isn't done yet but looks promising
  4. You can start with something that is already started, preferably less than 25% done
  5. It must have some mods done to it
  6. Have fun!

START DATE: SUNDAY, JUNE 20, 2014

END DATE: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 2014

(or whenever :D )

Participants and their cars:

DynoMight- 1936 Ford Coupe

1/24DragAndStreetCars- '32 Ford

And to whoever joins, thanks and good luck!

Edited by DynoMight

• 3 weeks later...

This is an interesting premise as I was a junior in High School in 1963. But it would have to be Sept. 2015 for me to have a chance of finishing anything . eheh

Dang I didn't see this until now. I think it's too late to join in the party as there's no way I could finish anything in this short time. :D

The idea is perfect, no modern cars allowed B) . I will be following.

You guys can still join. The end-date is never.