Model Cars Magazine Forum

DESERT SCALE CLASSIC 10 ~ April 12, 2014

Danno

I'll be there with models to show, money to buy more.. Might want to confirm that BBQ.. I was in Hobbytown Scottsdale the other day and they aren't sure exactly when Moving Day will be now..

Interesting...didn't know they were moving..was in there just yesterday evening..that one is mostly R/C with a small selection of model kits, didn't have any recent releases..still, I like the location--I drive by there (Scottsdale Road, south of downtown) most every weekday...

Edited by Rob Hall

well, if you were on the way...but heck, I live here in the valley now. ;)

Is Pennsylvania on your way? :lol:

Funny story... on another board a while back, a bunch of guys invited me to their build session. I responded that I couldn't come because they were 20 hours away. Then another guy responds that he would go too. I thought he was kidding so I responded, no problem I'll pick you up since you're only another 14 hours out of my way! The guy gets all excited and starts telling people he's going to this meet... people emailed me quick to straighten him out. :rolleyes:

I am going to try to make it, but that is the first Saturday we will be back in the area and odds are we will still be unpacking.

Free is good though. Unless I get a job that first week I won't have money for anything else.

Russ

Come see us, Russ! You'll meet lots of new friends and you'll be able to check out both local car modeling clubs. Hey, it's a great time and a good deal!

We look forward to meeting you! B)

Ya baby ! Can't wait ! Hope nothing goes wrong to prevent me from missing this again.

Don't even think about missing it, Ray. We are looking forward to seeing you and meeting you and checking out your models! No excuses! If aliens abduct your car, call us. We'll have a go-fer come get you! No excuses! :lol:

Not bringing any models. Really don't feel the quality is there even just to show. Maybe next year if my skills improve.

Ray…….OH MY GOD!!!!!!……..you better bring your models…….you really do some fantastic work and your ideas are cool……..can`t wait to meet you and see your models…….please bring them and go to the BBQ…….. :)

Ray,

Exactly what Chris and John said! There is nothing wrong with the quality of your work. Models you have posted here are excellent and we'd all like to see them on the tables! Remember, they really don't take up much space in the car when you drive over. You can't beat the great time you'll have at DSC! You'll meet a lot of people and find there are many very interested in your builds and how you build them.

Don't neglect your models . . . bring them along so they can have a good time, too! B)

See you Saturday . . . and don't forget to introduce yourself!

~Dan~

Well, same old story. I am going to miss this show again. Third year is a row I wanted to attend. I have to leave for California ( San Diego ) on Thursday and am returning on Sunday. I won't bore you with details but my daughter who lives there needs some help from my wife and me. I really wanted to meet you guys but I will have to try again next year. I have the worse luck when I plan something.

Last year I said "There's always next year". Daughter was admitted to the hospital a couple days ago due to a problem due to her Diabetes. She was released yesterday. The bad thing was she was on vacation in Montana at her boyfriends Aunts lake house. She will be flying back to California today. She is still weak and asked us if we would come. As much as me and Mrs. Cobraman were looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks family has got to come first. Isn't there any other shows and swaps held during the year in the Phoenix area even if not as good ?

Last year I said "There's always next year". Daughter was admitted to the hospital a couple days ago due to a problem due to her Diabetes. She was released yesterday. The bad thing was she was on vacation in Montana at her boyfriends Aunts lake house. She will be flying back to California today. She is still weak and asked us if we would come. As much as me and Mrs. Cobraman were looking forward to meeting some of you fine folks family has got to come first. Isn't there any other shows and swaps held during the year in the Phoenix area even if not as good ?

Yes, there are others. And there's always the monthly club meetings. Once you've taken care of your daughter and get back to town . . . and your routine . . . give us a shout out, or check the club websites . . . http://www.cactuscarmodelers.com/ and http://www.moonlightmodelers.com/

We'll leave a light on for you!

B)

PS: Best wishes for your daughter's speedy recovery.