Model Cars Magazine Forum

Super 7

Scale-Master

Sorry I'm late to the party. Can I still comment?

I watched this throughout it's gestation period - part by part. It took longer than an elephant to be born LOL!

What amazes me is that it stands up to macro digital photography - AT ANY ANGLE. Digital photography is unforgiving, unbiased, and fair - it shows every flaw. Mark's 7 stands up to it and comes out the winner. I can't find A flaw

Mark and I have had many a philosophical discussion about modeling and what it takes to excel. The one characteristic that he possesses that sets him apart is that once he identifies a problem he chooses to fix it. So many of us just say "It's good enough".

Mark started with the Caterham Super 7. He had previously built six. This one surpassed all the others.

Look closely at the photos. There are many variations of "7". Seven spoke wheels. Seven facets on filler caps and knobs.

Jump in here anytime, Mark.

Totally overwhelming!!! One detail that my feeble mind managed to absorb while trying to comprehend all that has been created - the convex mirror face giving the proper reflection of the seat images - just like the real thing.

Very humbling....... :):lol::o

Man! Due to the incredibleness (is that a word?) of this build, I feel that my one comment was not enough. I just have to say again, WOW!!!!!!!

I just spent another 20 minutes staring at this beauty and if it weren't for the huge fingers holding the dipstick, I would swear that this is a real car. Absolutely AMAZING!

I gotta know though, have you tried out the nitrous yet?

Actually 1/12th scale. The 1:1 car is miniscule. The bonnet only comes up to mid-thigh at most. The kit is only 2 1/4 inches at the bonnet. It's 10 1/4 long and 5 1/2 wide at the rear fenders.

Alrightie... I must be thinking of another kit. Didn't Tamiya make a 1:24 7? Or am I hallucinating? (Again?)

Thanks all again very much for the kind comments. And here are a few more of my own:

Please do enjoy the pictures on your desktop Slant6, very flattering.

It was discussed to put this in the Real Or Model when it was just done, but since I built it step by step here on MCM over a period of a couple years, it seemed to be obvious it was a model at that time.

Skeck has been a very good (and also flattering) spokesman for the questions he fielded. To clarify a point, I tried to find as many items that could have a theme of “7â€. If it was a part that logically and reasonably could have been fabricated with “sevens†in it, I tried to incorporate it. But not at the expense of creating inaccurate parts. For example, the fuel filler has the proper amount of bolts (not 7) because the vendor that makes the parts I chose to replicate does not offer filler with a 7 bolt pattern. Items that would have been custom fabricated/machined on a real car were addressed with different restrictions, but had to be able to be produced in the real world.

like you could do any better MR. MARK TAYLOR.

Mr. BIG (your caps not mine) your profile says you are 14 years old. Until you know the game I suggest you sit on the sideline and learn from the players. Unless Mr. Taylor is your personal friend you can tone it down.

Mr. BIG (your caps not mine) your profile says you are 14 years old. Until you know the game I suggest you sit on the sideline and learn from the players. Unless Mr. Taylor is your personal friend you can tone it down.

U got a problem, Playa?............ B)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...