Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets See Your Replicas of Yours/Your Families Cars

Platerpants

oh my ... these are my main thrust ... cars I have owned! I should be able to get the show rolling, though many are still in the process. And, some interesting work there, Jake.

ok .. from the beginning .. this is the first car I owned but resin body not started and engine almost done so just the engine here .. '51 Plymouth

51PlymouthEngine_Paint_DSC1158.jpg

'53 VW, wife's '68 and her '77 Rabbit

54VWBug_DSC2217.jpg

68Bug-RabbitDSC_5904.jpg

oh .. my Dad's '56 Kombi .. waiting for a repaint

56VWKombi_Mockup_DSC9662.jpg

'59 Chevy Impala . needs BMF finish

59Chevy_DSC0313.jpg

59chev3.jpg

Edited by Foxer

wow awesome. is that subaru a resin or scratch or was there actually a subaru kit/dicast?

It's from a Hasegawa kit. There's a photo of the box in the link above the photo .. all the above names link to my threads here on MCM.

I also have a Aoshima of a '93 Legacy Wagon and it's working for my wife's '95 with all the same roof and dash conversions as the '91.

Here's a shot of the '95

95Legacy_PA111868.jpg

Edited by Foxer

I have 2 so far, working on some others as we speak:

First is my beloved Monte Carlo, had to sell it a couple of years ago. Undercarriage was all upgraded, engine gone through, just had bodywork and interior left when it went down the road.

SAM_1562.jpg

SAM_1563.jpg

SAM_1564.jpg

Second is our PT Cruiser. This is a diecast that I took apart and repainted with factory touch-up paint, not much done to it other than that. This one we're glad is gone, it was a dog! Overweight, underpowered (non-turbo), and the mileage wasn't that great.

SAM_1407.jpg

SAM_1405.jpg

Working on my current 1:1 project, '67 Chevy short step, both real and scale.

I forgot one ... what I drove in the Army since it WAS my responsibility. This was made from an Armored Personal Carrier but "mine" had a custom aluminum body that looked like a pickup. Look at the link for more photos and informationif I say more, I'll have to kill you.

XM474_DSC0878.jpg

You must have an interesting family if this is a family car. Is it perhaps the Khaddaffi family?

Edited by sjordan2

That Monty looks good .. i assume the front fenders on the 1:1 were replacements?

Good assumption! Yes, I had also bought a couple of parts cars along the way and mixed/matched the best parts, then sold off grilles/trim pieces/interior parts.

I don't have pics of the 1:1 anymore (lost in a house fire Summer 2011),bt we owned this in the mid 90's. Very similar whees too,though the 1:1's were 16",these are scale 20"ers.

1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo (non-Z car)

Daytona4.jpg

Daytona6.jpg

I have several others in my stash that I've owned i 1:1,just haven't built any of em yet,LOL! :P

This was my first car.

1962 Pontiac Catalina, 421 SD. The car was white as built, but had long since been painted green. I tried to replicate the chrome reverse wheels and baby moons I put on that beast. I also had a small steering wheel which looked cool, but the car had manual steering. It was a workout on wheels.

DSCF0307.jpg

DSCF0310.jpg

DSCF0308.jpg

G

This is a 1/18 scale of my daily driver 2002 monte carlo ls bought it brand new

right out of the show room

2002montecarlo005.jpg

2002montecarlo004.jpg

Heres my 89 lsc 1/25 scale never sees rain or snow

89lsc013.jpg

cars005.jpg

And heres my 73 satellite my dad gave it to me when i got my license back in 83

the actual car was a 4 dr this was the closest i come to it

CarS06674.jpg

73satellite.jpg

And also the TCR version yes in 4dr

70splymouthsatellite016.jpg

These are some great replicas / builds here ! Great work , guys !

It'd be kind of difficult for me to replicate cars I've owned and old family cars , at least in full-accuracy ( 1969 Dart Custom 2 door H.T. with a 273 / 904 ; 1976 Mercury Monarch 2 door Ghia , 351W / C5 ; my 1972 Dart Swinger ; and my 1973 Duster ) .

I could , however , compromise with the '69 Dart (revell's '69 383 GTS) , the '73 Duster ( old MPC Annual ) , and the '72 Dart ( resin '70 Swinger with some bashing / scratching) .

Lindberg made a 32nd scale 1976 Monarch (or was it a Granada ?) , but those are hard to come by .

Keep up the great work ! Looking forward to seeing more !

I've only built a couple of replicas of cars I've owned, because so few of them have been available as models. This first one was converted to a 1966 Corvair 500 (base model) Sport Sedan from a reissue AMT 1969 Corvair Monza coupe, using the back half of the roof from an AMT '66 Mustang:

1966Corvair500SportSedanmodel.jpg

My66Corvair500SportSedaninminiature2.jpg

My66Corvair500SportSedaninminiature4.jpg

This next one is a salvaged 1965 AMT Corvair Corsa Glue Bomb that I used as the basis for a replica of my first Corvair, a 1965 Monza Sport Coupe. The first shot is where this build began - NOT a pretty sight! I had a couple of better 1965 Corvair built-ups to pick from, but I felt like a challenge... :

511.jpg

DSCN64140003.jpg

DSCN64160005.jpg

DSCN64150004.jpg

This last one is a replica of the oldest Corvair I've ever owned, a first year 1960 700-Series 4-door sedan. It too started out as a Glue Bomb. I actually built TWO replicas of this car, the first one about a dozen years ago as a gift for my older daughter. It seems that she came tolike the car so much while the two of us were working on making it roadworthy and decent-looking that she asked me that, if I should ever decide to sell it that she have first dibs on it. I went her one better: I gave it to her for her 16th birthday! She had the oldest car in the high school parking lot my a long shot - It was 20 years older than she was at the time! Another rebuildable 1960 Corvair model came my way so I decided to build this one for myself:

DSCN6748.jpg

DSCN6747.jpg