Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another vintage Kenworth cabover

Great looking finished rig. Color, detail, spokes on the rears. Knocked it out of the park. I would suggest removing the chain from the top bar of the exhaust bracket thou, as it might fall & snag in the drive line or at the very least rub the paint of the back of the cab!

Ap40

Hi,

Nice build of a classic kit. Some of the bits you've used I have been thinking about putting on a couple of Kenworths I have waiting to be built so it was great to see that they have really enhanced your build.

Shame about the stripes - model building sure can be very frustrating. It is to your credit that you carried on and have come up with a sharp rendition of a classic truck that I remember seeing lots of when I lived in New Brunswick in the 70's.

Hi,

Nice build of a classic kit. Some of the bits you've used I have been thinking about putting on a couple of Kenworths I have waiting to be built so it was great to see that they have really enhanced your build.

Shame about the stripes - model building sure can be very frustrating. It is to your credit that you carried on and have come up with a sharp rendition of a classic truck that I remember seeing lots of when I lived in New Brunswick in the 70's.

Thanks for the kind words Jim! (and to all others for that matter!) I am very happy about all the aftermarket parts that I used for this build, they are easy to work with, are of excellent quality and set off the truck in a great way. Excellent credits go to KFS and Auslowe resin parts as their castings are of high quality. I really like the metal parts, either machined or the photo etch, as KFS and MCA did an excellent job of reproducing very realistic and almost jewel like products. I highly recommend them.

When do we get to see the finished product with the steps and everything? I can't wait to see it!

Patience Grasshopper! It will come! Actually I just finished a nice flatbed for it. I still have to make some decals for the door logos. I'm also still deciding on wether to use the Revell grab handles or not (only one set and have two K100 trucks...)