Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford LN Hood Help

I am working on my Ford LN8000 Short Hauler, and I have a problem.

The "Ford" logo on the side of the hood completely disapeared after a

couple of light passes with the Testors Gloss Yellow. Gone.

Compleately filled in. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I

repair this? Do I have to comletely strip the hood & start again? Is

there a decal that someone has made that I can out on? Would probably

look better than my drybrushing anyway. What about photoetch?

Help!

Jim

Guest Anthony Oteri

Answers are like opinions, an you know what they say about opinions! :)

There is no one expert in model building. It's a whole of bunch trial and error. Sometimes you have to keep the errors to yourself and learn from them. :wink:

Jim; you may be able to find some photo etch emblems from KFS; or check out ebay...there is a guy from Australia that always has p/e accessories for sale there...the other solution would be to check out modelcargarage site; look in the street rod stuff; he always has p/e there as well. I don't remember what the logos look like on that hood; I haven't built one of those kits for probably 20 years. You could always just print a small decal to fit the area as well. You are not the first to suffer the fate of the dissappering emblems....alot of the old amt tooling was that way.....once painted....it all just went away...if you are painting with an airbrush; the problem is not so bad...but when using spray cans, you just don't have the volume control to hit lightly over the emblems....I hope this info helps............matt

Matt,

That's basically the problem. One pass with the spray can, and gone. I don't have the technology to make the decals, but I know someone who does. Dan should be making them for me next week sometime. Not a big rush. If I know they are getting done, I push on with the project and add the logos later. Once I get a photo of the logo, I'll let you knwo what they look like.

Matt,

No problem. All answers are welcome.

I might be purchasing a couple of AMT KW925 kits, and I'd like to make one a W925 instead of the W923 that the kit is. Do you still have those KW torson bar suspensions for sale?