Model Cars Magazine Forum

OLDMAN ENGINEER PROJECT 57 CHEVY

baddgass

This is simply an amazing build! What were the materials you used to make the rear coil overs?

I am very impressed with your skillful work, man. I've built both the Z/28 and the Corvette from this series, but niether have this much detail or scratchbuilding. Two more questions... Where do you get the tiny machined hardware (please don't tell me you make it yourself!), and what sizes do you use? Thanks

J.B.

No i don't nave a CNC or a MILL my work is by hand. The nuts & bolts are from www. scale hardware.com Good people ship in 1 day (FAST). And the sizes ( have a look )

IM003357.jpg

Arick : to ben the tube , i do like the carpenter ben wood. I make a template of the ben i like then i saw down the tube but not all the way,make a lot of cut next to 2 ,1 another when u have the ben u like glue , sand and i uae a sheet of .10 styrene on the sides for stregthen. hope this help. derrick

IM003366.jpg

IM003370.jpg

IM003373.jpg

IM003375.jpg

IM003374.jpg

This has been very fun to watch, great bit of work going on here. Are you not going with the dual turbo set up any longer? I thought you did a fantastic job with the plumbing.

O yes the turbo is in the build working my way up, have a look. The last pic befor the TOLEDO show

IM003381.jpg

IM003379.jpg

IM003382.jpg

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

IMG_1880.jpg

Derrick, I'm not too into larger scales,because of all the scratch building needed to be different, BUT I AM into beautifully built models in any scale! This thing is a TRUE work of ART and passion!!! It's probably one of the MOST exquisite modeling projects I've EVER seen! It's like hand building the REAL thing. I can't say enough! The workmanship, execution, EVERYTHING on it IS PERFECT!!! You should be VERY proud of your efforts, Your love of the craft is self evident!!!! ABSOLUTELY WONDERFULL JOB!!!! :D;)

Thanks GEORGE

For the kind words, i have a lot of time on my hands. So i have to do some thing so i gave this a try.

Yeah, obviously waaaaay tooooo much time................... :lol: (typical, break the ice with humour.. ;) )

Seriously Derrick, this is some mind blowing work you got happening in here.... ;):o

Absolutely LOVE all what you've got covered so far, and you don't look like slowing any time soon.....GREAT !

Particularly like the Lenco and the way you showed how to bend that square stock...I've done that with large round tube, never thought of trying square..

I'll put that to good use for sure.. :o

Gotta thank my good buddy George for gettin me back here too...he shot me some mail tellin' of this awesome build, cheers George, I owe ya some mail... :o:blink:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this blows mine out of the water.

S6300814.jpg

S6300830.jpg

You are an excellent scratch builder. I have seen many people attempt to build a car like this in the larger scales and they lose interest part way through because of all the work. I don't see you stopping any time soon.

I would love have this car sitting on my shelf.

Guy's I got ta meet Derrick an see this bad boy up close an personal and if you think the pictures are good, you GOTTA see the REAL thing!!! The ENGINE is a work of ART!!! An Derrick is just a neet guy! REALLY friendly an GREAT ta talk with!

GREAT job Derrick, hope ta see ya next year too!!! :lol::lol: