Model Cars Magazine Forum

oshkosh t1500 ARFF fire rescue 1/12 model vs r/c

OMG ! :oB)

Joe, this is simply stunning. A true ground up build. ;) I love your attention to all the finer details, and yes...they are way easier to see in 1/12, but not always easy to do. ;) Great work.

watching these builds on here has made me go back and do more detailing and its paying off. so i really thank you guys

Edited by semijoe

WOW!!! That's great work Joe. I work on the assembly line that builds these so I am climbing all over these on a daily basis. The TI series don't come through all that often but imho are way cooler than the Strikers, much burlier, and fast too. You are doing a fantastic job on your build, keep going, I would love to see this thing operate when it's finished. B)

WOW!!! That's great work Joe. I work on the assembly line that builds these so I am climbing all over these on a daily basis. The TI series don't come through all that often but imho are way cooler than the Strikers, much burlier, and fast too. You are doing a fantastic job on your build, keep going, I would love to see this thing operate when it's finished. :blink:

that must be really kool to see these truck . any info/plans etc, would really help though. im building this off a couple of pictures and rest is guest work.

and thank you

Sorry, no plans here and we don't have any TI's coming through at the moment so I can't even get you any pics. It doesn't look like you need more anyway, your nailing it.

I work on the final paint end of things, buffing, paint blends and touchup, etc. I have only been working on these trucks since production moved to Pierce MFG, which will be 2 years this October, but I do get to move them around the plant quite a bit and they are some big, awesome machines.

As far as any info I may have....... the only thing I can think of from looking at your progress are missing vents from the rear of the engine cover(there's a pic at the link), other than that your build makes me feel like I'm at work B)....and that's a compliment.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask, I will try to answer any you might have.

Here's a link to my photobucket ARFF pictures, I gathered them from around the web.

Oshkosh TI pics

Sorry, no plans here and we don't have any TI's coming through at the moment so I can't even get you any pics. It doesn't look like you need more anyway, your nailing it.

I work on the final paint end of things, buffing, paint blends and touchup, etc. I have only been working on these trucks since production moved to Pierce MFG, which will be 2 years this October, but I do get to move them around the plant quite a bit and they are some big, awesome machines.

As far as any info I may have....... the only thing I can think of from looking at your progress are missing vents from the rear of the engine cover(there's a pic at the link), other than that your build makes me feel like I'm at work :rolleyes:....and that's a compliment.

Any specific questions, feel free to ask, I will try to answer any you might have.

Here's a link to my photobucket ARFF pictures, I gathered them from around the web.

Oshkosh TI pics

kool, nice pictures. thank you! still thinking on what to use for the rear vents

you can see that i have it apart, its at the point where i dont want to go to far ahead untill i get the top chassis rails painted .after this part the chassis will be complete and i dont have to go back to it.

this is also where all of the rear wiring is done. i also notice the fenders and rear lower section rubbed. so i had to bring each fender out 1mm.

SANY0657.jpg

SANY0658.jpg

a really nice guy suggested to make the tranny look like an engine. he sent pictures and info

the only thing i couldnt really do is get a true scale of what i need.also with all the accessories on the engine i coulnt really get a clear view.

so i went with what i can see and guest work. a thanks to the guys for the info and pictures. hopefully everybody like what i did

i had another set of tranny covers. added some heads, valve covers, screws,intake mantifold and some paint.

theres a front plate that goes on the front of the engine. if i can get picture of this area, i can probably come up with something

SANY0660.jpg

SANY0661.jpg

SANY0663.jpg

SANY0664.jpg

SANY0665.jpg

Edited by semijoe

my 1st attentions where not to do the engine bay , as theres limited space due to the servo, but to give a little more detail ive added a little starter and a back plate.

i can still add exhaust and a tubo charger(on order) with tubes. i cant do anything with radiator or fan :lol:

so back to the compartment cover tomorrow

SANY0666.jpg

SANY0667.jpg

you saw that i had to tear down so i can paint the upper chassis and run wires from the rear. so what a great time to measure for the second truck.

i spent the morning measuring out everything for a second truck. the second one will be yellow, single speed instead of a 3 speed. this will give me all the room i need in the engine bay B). there will be more details in the second truck to.

back to the red one. ive order the mfu kit,which is light and sound kit. also had to order a few other parts.

in the mean time i can continue on the lower middle boxes. i saw a few more parts i can detail before remounting them

SANY0668.jpg

SANY0669.jpg

SANY0670.jpg

i started on the lower box

ive added center light with screws(non-working). few more screws over the doors

i made a prototype door with handles like the 1:1 ,i will paint them silver. still alittle mor detail on them

SANY0672.jpg

SANY0671.jpg

Edited by semijoe

1st i went with silver, but na it didnt look right. so looked on the web for more truck and half of them were painted the color of the truck too. so i went with red ,and whit bars/handles. the white will break up the red. this will match the top white pin stripe on the truck

SANY0678.jpg

SANY0679.jpg