Model Cars Magazine Forum

oshkosh t1500 ARFF fire rescue 1/12 model vs r/c

ok this panel will have some goodies in it

from what i can tell theres one inlet, 2 outlets , guages etc.im not really sure what they are. so if any body can help .i can use the close up pictures and what there functions are.

SANY0683.jpg

Just Awesome work!!

That is sooo Far beyond Just a R/C car or even just a Model.

It is a 1:1 in Scale.. :D;)

Love it :)

What can ya tell me about the wheels and tires?

rims are made for 2x hpi rims and a rc4wd budd rim. so 3x rims to make one. and i have to make 12 more

im dropping aline here ,saying thnx to the firemen, 1:1 builders and people who know these trucks

i had a few emails from ya's saying that the panel im making is either on older trucks or doesnt exist. ive been told the newer trucks have the plumbing behind the door panels. this is great to know

again thank you!

Wow, what an incredible project. Glad I caught this thread and checked it out.

I live about two hours south of Oshkosh, and often times traveling on Interstate 45 see loaded flatbeds with all sorts of refurbished Oshkosh-based truck on the trailers. I think the last one I saw was a bight red fire truck with some African nation's fire company name on the doors. I definitely did a double take on that one. :D I see many U.S. military vehicles on the flatbeds, too, but the fire fighting trucks always catch my eyes.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses. :mellow:

Wow, what an incredible project. Glad I caught this thread and checked it out.

I live about two hours south of Oshkosh, and often times traveling on Interstate 45 see loaded flatbeds with all sorts of refurbished Oshkosh-based truck on the trailers. I think the last one I saw was a bight red fire truck with some African nation's fire company name on the doors. I definitely did a double take on that one. B) I see many U.S. military vehicles on the flatbeds, too, but the fire fighting trucks always catch my eyes.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this project progresses. :D

hey thnx guys! man that must be really kool to see those trucks.

not much of an update , but baby steps it is

really getting busy in shop,sense summer is coming and guys are getting the inchies for there truck

ive installed the rear grill. theres a butt load of lights to be put in. waiting on lenses to come in. but later today i will put the rivets on the other side

SANY0688.jpg

ive put the screws on the rear (not rivets). theres a plate where the 500 stay back decals goes.

also my turbo charger came in and fits perfect.

the lights are going to look awesome on this.

SANY0694.jpg

SANY0695.jpg

Edited by semijoe

ok guys took a week off. was waiting on light and sound kit. while i was waiting i made a r-model mack cab from scratch

this sunday i wired the whole rear end and side markers. i finished the other side lower doors too

the truck is starting to get heavier. so i need to add either another shock or another spring or both.

SANY0724.jpg

SANY0723.jpg

needing help guys

today ive added a small valance underneath, added 2x air vents, drill alot of holes for rivets/screws and cut a peice for the roof

the help i need is im building a newer truck. and need interior and dash pictures of it. the pictures i have are from an older model. not sure if there the same

SANY0733.jpg

SANY0734.jpg