Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 #34 Wendell Scott Galaxie

catpack68

i just finished this up this week.AMT kit with all the trim removed from the body.i made the tailight covers and back window straps.the decals are ACE,the paint is MCW competition orange/poppy red and the hood is Tamyia white.the wheels and tires are PPP items.i plan to do more of wendells' cars later on down the road.thanks for looking.

P1010017-1.jpg

P1010005-2.jpg

P1010006-2.jpg

P1010020-1.jpg

Good job on Vintage NASCAR Racer. These are always nice to see. You did great job with this Galaxie. Paint, details, decals, parts fit etc. are looking terrific. Good job with this.

I have to build something like this too, so I can use my Plastic Performance Products' wheels and tires. :D

Looks great!!! This is a REAL race car! I hope to see those other cars you plan to build.

BTW...see my avatar picture? That was taken in 1976 at my home racetrack, Athens (Ga.) Speedway during filming of the movie "Greased Lightning", the life story of Wendell Scott...who was played by Richard Pryor.

thanks for the comments guys.

BTW...see my avatar picture? That was taken in 1976 at my home racetrack, Athens (Ga.) Speedway during filming of the movie "Greased Lightning", the life story of Wendell Scott...who was played by Richard Pryor.

i remember that movie tommy.it was pretty good.i haven't seen that movie in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...