Model Cars Magazine Forum

My shot at a Prostar

well, I cracked open the prostar and a 53 foot trailer today. so far, I am loving it. zero flash, and awesome molding. i now truly understand what you guys have been saying about these kits.

my little bit of progress so far,

photo_zps17ae5249.jpg

in white primer, i think i am going with Inca Gold on this. will probably do the trailer in white, but who knows, i tend to like to have color matched rig/trailer :D

Looking good. Love the colour. I've got one in progress at the moment. Can't seem to post pics on this site though. It can be seen on ozautobuilders.com. I found the separate cab roof needed to be sanded in order to line up with the cab. Also when building the chassis, the cab mounts should be checked with th floor pan to ensure the cab mounts are even. Have fun. Cheers.

Ben

thanks for the comments and especially the tips guys, much appreciated :)

Steve, ya know, i have been giving that some thought, i have some old paint masks from my r/c days, was thinking of maybe using some of those on the trailer side to integrate some Inca gold into the trailer, just something subtle to tie it together, and maybe use the 'swoosh' stripes in the rig kit somehow as well to tie the colors in. time will tell............

Definitely a good color choice.....I like that....Nice sized paint booth, too....I need to build a mega sized paint booth, myself....One big enough to paint a 53' trailer..... :) And, everybody is spot on about the marriage....You will have to fudge it in there, but the biggest thing is getting it to sit level....You can raise the rear cab mounts about 2mm higher and it ought to be ok.....Good luck on this one....Can't wait to see what you come up with....

got most of the interior parts painted and two toned, and I stole JT's roof cutting idea as well :D [no sense in hiding that interior]

photo_zps7ab63113.jpg

photo_zpsce11292d.jpg

I am thinking maybe tomorrow I will start the motor/chassis so I can get most of the big stuff painted. still working on coming up with a paint scheme for the trailer.......

thanks guys :) still racking my brain to figure out what to do with the trailer color scheme. having said that, if you have any ideas, feel free to throw them out there, kinda stumped at the momment.........