Model Cars Magazine Forum

Stacey David's Rat Roaster by : REVELL

Greg Myers

Blown streetable SBC

Headers intended for the Deuce

Awesome wheel/tire combo

An all new interior

Cycle fenders

Just these things alone are worth buying the kit IMO. And about the thingies on the hood - who cares really? Anyone who I know who likes building street rods has at least half a dozen "regular" hoods in their parts box from the other Revell '32s.

Now after this comes out and becomes an instant hit, just like all the previous '32s Revell has released, I am wondering when are they finally going to make something completely different. How about a '32 with Kugel suspension? Both IFS and IRS. How about a Vicky or a two door (phantom) Phaeton? They really need to develop a new chassis set up for the Deuces.

Edited by mrm

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm looking forward to this one very much - and I do like the colour! I'll probably do one as a replica and then have 2 or 3 for parts - if this is as crammed as the 5-window kit it'll be great (although since its depicting a particular car spares may be limited to unused parts on old sprues they use for the basics of the kit).

Does anyone know if it'll come with a rumble seat like the original? It'll be good for a '32 cabriolet I'm building as they came with rumble seats.

Cheers,

Jim

Hi,

Does anyone know if it'll come with a rumble seat like the original? It'll be good for a '32 cabriolet I'm building as they came with rumble seats.

Cheers,

Jim

I rather doubt it, but I have many rumble-seat seats that came in the old AMT '32 roadster kit I'll never ever use. They will of course fit pretty well.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

the hood ports that we have all grown to hate also seem a bit larger "scale-wise" than the 1:1 version.

and what's up with everyone sticking those fake Buick fender ports on their cars....??!!! that's almost more ridiculous than those "fart cans" they tack onto the exhaust.

I do like the tires and wheels though.

and what's up with everyone sticking those fake Buick fender ports on their cars....??!!! that's almost more ridiculous than those "fart cans" they tack onto the exhaust.

The Rat Roaster may be the first vehicle I've seen use the Buick portholes tastefully. They would look even better with hood sides and Enderle or Hilborn injector tubes aligning with each porthole in the hood.

I just really hope all parts in this kit will be compatible with all the other Revell 32s and that this kit comes with period correct front axle and that the wheel connectors (or what ever they're called) are same as on the chrome tube axles found in other 32 kits so that wheels can be swapped easily between the kits.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies about the rumble seat and the picture of the the model from the back guys. I thought it probably wouldn't have a rumble seat as the easiet thing for Revell to do would be to use the old highboy body. I guess it'd be pretty straightforward to use the trunk from a 5 window kit and the rumble seat from an AMT kit as suggested by Ace-Garageguy.

Which AMT kits have the rumble seats? I've a got the American Graffitti kit but I haven't opened it up yet. Any chance of one of those rumble seats for my cabriolet Bill? I haven't got any AMT kits (other than the one just mentioned) and since the trunk area is open on the Replicas and Miniatures cabriolet body it'd be good to have one in there. I'm not too bothered about having one in the Stacey David rat roadster - but if I'm building one for a competition I may change my mind...

Cheers,

Jim