Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

sHa_popcorn.gifsHa_popcorn.gif

Well 30 sets of them were,and after everyone else got some I have like 10 sets left!!! But I do have a lot of General Lee decals and I can hook you up with a set or two? :blink:;)

sSig_GoodOne.gif

Oh, I can't even begin to imagine any reason for that. :blink:

So you can build a General leesSig_lol.gifsHa_rofl3.gif

Thats humor...............Danno ;)

Edited by martinfan5

They weren't packed very well, but the box they were shipped looked like somebody used it for a game of kickball ...

and that's usually beyond the shipper's control. This year I got a Heller Citroen Borden milk truck on eBay. The seller put it in a USPS Priority box and mailed it to me. It arrived with a hole punched in the front, straight through the front of the model box inside. Looked like someone put a bullet in it. Can I blame the seller? No. Model was intact, so I built it.

and that's usually beyond the shipper's control. This year I got a Heller Citroen Borden milk truck on eBay. The seller put it in a USPS Priority box and mailed it to me. It arrived with a hole punched in the front, straight through the front of the model box inside. Looked like someone put a bullet in it. Can I blame the seller? No. Model was intact, so I built it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT blaming the shipper.. I'm blaming UPS. I am working with the individual who shipped it as we speak to expedite the claim I filed with UPS. I'm serious, the box looked like it was kicked all the way from IL.

post-7221-0-57629900-1382485205_thumb.jp

post-7221-0-64872200-1382485220_thumb.jp

post-7221-0-26886500-1382485244_thumb.jp

Hey Tom. Is there a photo or two floating around here somewhere of that milk truck ?

Floating is a good description. There is a build thread on this vehicle, but Fotki is in a transition and the photos that are hosted there aren't visible at this time...

The

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=71527&hl=

I still have work to do on it. It is a very nice kit, but fiddly like early Revell kits. The body builds up from several flat panels and I'm having issues getting it all square. Right now it's built onto the frame and fender unit, but I cannot get the rear doors to fit correctly.

Don't get me wrong, I'm NOT blaming the shipper.. I'm blaming UPS. I am working with the individual who shipped it as we speak to expedite the claim I filed with UPS. I'm serious, the box looked like it was kicked all the way from IL.

Never assumed you were blaming the shipper, It's obvious from your photos that they delivered an intact package to UPS. Hopefully they'll pay the damages. I had issues with USPS with another eBay purchase that they destroyed. To file claim I had to deliver the package to the post office. They denied my claim because the shipper didn't use a new box. Never mind that it was a sturdy hard box that they crushed, their defense was that a box is only good for shipping ONCE and it must've structurally failed! Not their fault that it looked like a vehicle had run it over! Good luck to ya!

It looks like they put a heavy box on top of this one. I have friends that worked for UPS , they say boxes are thrown more than we know.

Danno must be so jealous of your haul.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought the same thing when I saw that picture. :D Now there are decals to build 17 General Lees... That would be a nice bunch of them in the display cabinet.

I got these a while ago from Teds Modeling Marketplace. Great stuff and great place to deal with, cheap shipping ($10 from Florida to Finland) and great service. I highly recommend this place.

DSCN7765.jpg

I went to both of my area Hobby Lobby stores and found these tire sets instead of the regular sets that they carry. I bought all for that were in stock and used the 40% coupon as well. Grand total with tax 20.32, not to shabby. Hobby Town U.S.A. wanted 17.99 for one set.

IMAG0130.jpg

Got this one a few days ago, but just getting around to snapping some pix so that I can post it .

AMT '65 Chevy Impala, original. Apparently the builder tried to use just about all of the kit's custom parts!

Looks like another "survivor" for my little museum at home.post-10758-0-81789700-1382646283_thumb.jpost-10758-0-15997100-1382646314_thumb.j

Mike

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...