Model Cars Magazine Forum

50' Austin Gasser

Dave42

Dave, can you tell us how you got that great shine on the paint job? Did the motor come with the kit?

Also, which kit is it?

I have the Revell 51 Anglia coming my way along with a few others. I can't wait. I'm nuts about gassers, altereds and hot rods.

Michael

Wow, thanks again guys!

Michael,

I certainly appreciate the compliment about the finish. I just used Testors Clear over Testors paint shot through an airbrush, and followed Donn Yost's intruction on his DVD as best I could. I essentially concentrated on the prep work, and got a bit lucky too I'm sure. So, kudos to Donn and his video.

The engine is the kit engine with some scratched headers and fuel lines and some after market goodies added as well. I used the Model King Austin Gasser kit.

Thanks!

Edited by Dave42

Dave, Love the theme!!!! spot on of era. I'm a custom painter of some 35+ years, your choice of lettering, the bug, paint, OUTSTANDING, did you make your own decals for this build?.

Again, great build!!!!jwrass

• 11 months later...

James and Aaron,

Thank you both for your compliments!

James, I did not make the decals, the bug, Gas Hopper, and pinstripes came with the kit, the thin stripes came from a Beebe and Mulligan dragster kit, and the others from misc kits that I do not recall now.

Thank you again! (I hadn't looked at this in a very long time)

Dave

Edited by Dave42