Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4

Guest Sickfish

Did you pre order yours?

No, after the first post hit the forum, I looked it up on HLJ. It was listed and it stated that it was in short supply. I ordered it on the spot and got a confirmation e mail the next day telling me it was shipped......now it may take a while as shipping from Japan sometimes is reasonable and sometimes goes via that old "slow boat from China" route, but it has "left the building", along with Elvis. The next day, HLJ showed the car as in back order status.

I have one in shipping from HLJ right now...and I can tell you that it has opening and closing doors.....I will hinge them for sure. I will not let the manufacturers short coming stop those doors from working. :)

Of course! If you want to make the doors open and close, you can do it yourself.

http://www.hiroboy.c...products_id=987

They do not show it in the Lamborghini section yet. But this is where all the Lambo colors are.

joe.

No, that's true... I should have said that I used the "Paint mixing" service, and got the codes from the Lechler website that Hiroboy gives the access details for on most Zero Paints pages. It's a little bit more expensive, but since mine shipped yesterday, I think he must have had a batch under way already...

bestest,

M.

Guest Sickfish

I have one in shipping from HLJ right now...and I can tell you that it has opening and closing doors.....I will hinge them for sure. I will not let the manufacturers short coming stop those doors from working. :)

That's great to hear Pete! I've yet to open doors, on any of my builds, unless the kit came that way, so I'm very interested to see how you do it? So I hope you post the build in the WIP forum? It's not that I haven't wanted to or lck the skills/materials to do it, just that I haven't bothered before, because it mean's more time on 1 model & less on others ;-) & since I won't be building mine for a while yet I'm really hoping you do?

Cheers Cliffo :-)

Guest Sickfish

hiroboy will ship paint to the US... the only country that doesn't accept paints or solvents is Brazil. He won't ship rattle cans, but the Zero Paints line comes in glass jars, ready to spray by airbrush. In my experience, they come very well packed, so the chances of shipping damage are very small.

bestest,

M.

Thanks for this info, on Hiroboy, Matt! Wasn't aware paints were allowed to be shipped internationally. Might have to put an order in soon ;-)

Cheers Cliffo.

That's great to hear Pete! I've yet to open doors, on any of my builds, unless the kit came that way, so I'm very interested to see how you do it? So I hope you post the build in the WIP forum? It's not that I haven't wanted to or lck the skills/materials to do it, just that I haven't bothered before, because it mean's more time on 1 model & less on others ;-) & since I won't be building mine for a while yet I'm really hoping you do?

Cheers Cliffo :-)

The doors on this are "open" from the factory, the problem is that they do not have working hinges. You have to set the doors in either open or closed positions. I plan on making working hinges. If you need see how to open the doors, there are plenty of "how too's" on that. My favorite method is the trusty old "back of a #11 blade". I will post how I hinge these, if anyone is unsure how to do it.

Guest Sickfish

Ok guys I did a bit of a mock-up with the body/panels in place & dug out some tyres from the parts box. I'm pretty sure I'll go with these rather than the kit supplied set. These, if memory serve's me correctly, are off the Tamiya F50. Goodyear Eagle F1 Fiiorano GS's. Here's my dilemma... The rears are quite fat but they fit nice & snug. I have 2 sets of front tyres & I've got them all mocked up. I'm wondering which complete sets to use ( look better ?) Do the front sets look better all round or should I use the fat rears on the rear? Here's some pics...

0d8dc9ca.jpg

c32349b9.jpg

Chrome/matte black with fat rears/normal fronts

Front tyres all round....

76cd7562.jpg

ee031709.jpg

Here are the tyres looking side on...

13bc0256.jpg

The middle sets with the rim sticking out is the front tyres on rear rims...

Cheers guys, Cliffo :-)

Edited by Sickfish

No, that's true... I should have said that I used the "Paint mixing" service, and got the codes from the Lechler website that Hiroboy gives the access details for on most Zero Paints pages. It's a little bit more expensive, but since mine shipped yesterday, I think he must have had a batch under way already...

bestest,

M.

Matt,

It will be in my next order form Hiroboy.

thanks so much,

joe.

Thanks, Joe... for anyone else who's interested, the paint arrived today:

web.jpg

As you can see, it's a two part mix. The base coat ® is the same dark yellow as Arancio Borealis (the Gallardo Balboni colour) and Arancio Atlas (the lighter orange Aventador colour). The top coat (L) has a slight pearl/mica golden flake in it, which you can't really see in this pic (if you let it settle, you can see it at the bottom of the jar, but there's not a lot in there...)

This, incidentally, is the colour of the Aventador that Jeremy drove in the first of the new series of Top Gear last Sunday. He managed to get it to spit blue flames from the exhausts AND heated up the carbon brakes to the point where they were glowing red hot. Now THAT would be a fun way to model it...

bestest,

M.

oh oh, that will be the first two part paint finish i have done. That means the level of orange will depend upon the depth of the orange applied over the yellow right? Too much and its time to start over. And it means each orange coat has to be dead freakin' even.

how do i do that?

I'm building mine like the box art. Arancio Atlas from Scalefinishes.com.

DSC02567-vi.jpg

Using the black wheels. I've already trimmed out the ducts for the kit supplied p.e. As it was suggested already, to help with better realism. I'm happy to have this kit in my collection.

I would really like to see the Reventon, but this is oh so close. Now, how about the new or old McLaren!

Chris