Model Cars Magazine Forum

72 Barracuda Pro Stock 12/13

caine440

I think I have the wheels and tires sorted out.

I am happy with the stance. The engine and interior are basically done.

Now I just have to get the paint right and hope the cold weather does not make the job to tough.

IMG_1955.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1957.jpg

IMG_1958.jpg

IMG_1959.jpg

As always, thanks for looking.

Roger....I am really enjoying watching this project come together. Stance, engine, wheels and tires, all looking really good and love those blue tinted headlamps.

I'm going to try to go find some pictures of a '71 Challenger Pro-Stock I partially completed back in the day...(err....that would be sometime in 1971) and post them here. I got essentially everything completed but the engine....this was just before the JoHan S&M kit was introduced. The build was partily inspired by the "Angry Man" Maverick article by Hank Borger in Car Model magazine back then....

TIM

OK....found them. This was built from the MPC 1971 Challenger annual kit....before the JoHan Sox and Martin kit was issued.

Had to strip the interior bare (note the battery on the rear seat riser,,,bet that was legal back then (not!)).

Entire front suspension was scratchbuilt and the rear suspension was mostly from the AMT Ohio George '33 Willys, along with the front and rear wheels.

Scratchbuilt hood scoop. Note the brushed chrome paint trim. Decals were from the 1970 MPC Challeger annual kit.

Let's see....41 years and counting and still waiting for an engine....

Thanks for looking...TIm

DSC_0543-vi.jpg

DSC_0545-vi.jpgDSC_0549-vi.jpgDSC_0547-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/tim-boyds-124th--12/boyd-drag-racing-do/boyd-drag-racing-do/

Edited by tim boyd

OK....found them. This was built from the MPC 1971 Challenger annual kit....before the JoHan Sox and Martin kit was issued.

Had to strip the interior bare (note the battery on the rear seat riser,,,bet that was legal back then (not!)).

Entire front suspension was scratchbuilt and the rear suspension was mostly from the AMT Ohio George '33 Willys, along with the front and rear wheels.

Scratchbuilt hood scoop. Note the brushed chrome paint trim. Decals were from the 1970 MPC Challeger annual kit.

Let's see....41 years and counting and still waiting for an engine....

Thanks for looking...TIm

DSC_0543-vi.jpg

DSC_0545-vi.jpgDSC_0549-vi.jpgDSC_0547-vi.jpg

http://public.fotki.com/funman1712/tim-boyds-124th--12/boyd-drag-racing-do/boyd-drag-racing-do/

You want my address to send that to so it will FINALLY get finished ???????