Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nightmare Kits CBP - aka Masochistic Modelers Anonymous

Jantrix

Im still in. With my chosen kits (see post #9)

Although I havent started or contributed anything yet.Plenty of time left though.

I have a few other builds im currently working on and want to get completed,as soon as they are done il start participating for sure.

My photobucket switched over to the new format. I was having trouble navigating through my eight hundred and some photos so, I decided to organize them into different folders for different builds. Little did I know all my photos on here would be removed. I will do my best to restore some of them, I know I had way too many on here anyway. Sorry for all my mess-ups. :blink: alfredeneuman.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

hello buddies here is a little update click

i forgot to explain why this 72gto is a nightmare kit here is my opinion

- the mold is very bad

- some small parts are not able to use

- the kit has less details

- the parts do not fit well

because this i decide to cut this thing in to pieces and build some new one...

regards maik

hello buddies here is a little update click

i forgot to explain why this 72gto is a nightmare kit here is my opinion

- the mold is very bad

- some small parts are not able to use

- the kit has less details

- the parts do not fit well

because this i decide to cut this thing in to pieces and build some new one...

regards maik

The 72 GTO along with a few other kits were turned into dirt/oval short track cars, AMT tried to return the GTO back to stock.

AMT21464.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still around. But I'm so busy with work / home my modeling time has been nixed. I've been working a little bit on older projects that are closer to done. I will be returning eventually to my GTO. I hope.

How is everyone else doing?

My 240z has turned into even more of a nightmare! Paint went all wrong due to some sort of unexpected surface "issue" (darn glue residue from 70's). Had to strip to bare plastic again and the body cracked in about 8 places! Complete start over with no time to work on it. (Throws hands up and walks out.)

My photobucket switched over to the new format. I was having trouble navigating through my eight hundred and some photos so, I decided to organize them into different folders for different builds. Little did I know all my photos on here would be removed. I will do my best to restore some of them, I know I had way too many on here anyway. Sorry for all my mess-ups. :blink: DSC04827_zps4be8c1ff.jpg

I did the same thing .

• 2 weeks later...

Attention: wrong thread.

Uh ...yeah ,...no..... it's absolutely the right thread. The last posts made by Vandergriff were here in this thread.

So while the thread has nothing to do with the Snowball project, the member in question has to do with the thread.

So it IS the correct thread. Just to make things clear.

Well gang I gotta be honest. I have completely lost interest in the narrowed GTO. And it also apprears that many of you guys have as well. Because the GTO is base on art it is not as easy to do in scale. A lot of issues to overcome. So she is going up onto the shelf where she will stay until I'm good and bored.

I do have another kit that might fit the bill, I'll post it up later on.

Slow progress I'll have to agree but, remember you started with a kit you didn't care about in the first place. I will just say I like mine way better now than I did before, and probably never would have got around to building it without this CBP.. Just a few more details to finish but, still plenty of time to the end of the year. What gripes me is when I see one listed on ebay for $27 and think there might be a chance someone will buy it. One man's trash as the saying goes. Just have fun and don't take it too seriously is my only advise.