Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lets See Your Replicas of Yours/Your Families Cars

Platerpants

AMT 1969 GTX . I built this right ater it came out , back in the early 90's. It's supposed to replicate the actual car I had at the time.

This was my 1st attempt at an opening hinged decklid.

Scratchbuilt the underhood a/c system with parts from unknown kits back then. Exterior was painted the same shade of medium green metallic my old car was.Vinyl top was done with masking tape , then brush painted green.

DSC01797.JPG

DSC01794.JPG

Edited by gtx6970

I don't have pics of the 1:1 car but, this was my daily driver several years ago...I miss that old car!! A 1952 Chevy styleline deluxe. All stock, straight 6 - 235 c.i.d. This is a resin cast body...don't remember the caster, used everything else from the AMT 51 Chevy. I did however use the motor from the Revell 41 Chevy pickup. Like I said , the only pics of the real one are not one my computer!! Oh well, maybe I'll scan em one day!

dukescars.jpg

cool52.jpg

I bought a 1999 Concorde new in late 98. It was the bast hi-way car I ever owned. I was rear ended in it while I sat at a stop light by a driver 'looking for my cigs'. The crash knocked me out and the car eneded up in a bank parking lot half a block away. It was totalled needless to say but I was unhurt, other than the black out) so I credit the car for that.

My model started as the curbside AMT kit. I removed all the molded on aero spoilers and wings. Made a new lower valence for the front clip. The kit had no emblems so I made some on my ALPS printer. More stock like wheels were found in a aftermarket Japanese wheel/tire kit. Candy Apple red paint was matched to the factory option color (that cost me $500 extra on the real car)

One of my favorite models. I'd like to build another with a interior and engine bay.....but the chassis is from a first gen Concorde and not the 1999-2003 car as the model has the motor mounted side to side but the real car had the motor front to back.

CONCORDE99-vi.jpg

Edited by Dave Van

I bought a 1999 Concorde new in late 98. It was the bast hi-way car I ever owned. I was rear ended in it while I sat at a stop light by a driver 'looking for my cigs'. The crash knocked me out and the car eneded up in a bank parking lot half a block away. It was totalled needless to say but I was unhurt, other than the black out) so I credit the car for that.

My model started as the curbside AMT kit. I removed all the molded on aero spoilers and wings. Made a new lower valence for the front clip. The kit had no emblems so I made some on my ALPS printer. More stock like wheels were found in a aftermarket Japanese wheel/tire kit. Candy Apple red paint was matched to the factory option color (that cost me $500 extra on the real car)

One of my favorite models. I'd like to build another with a interior and engine bay.....but the chassis is from a first gen Concorde and not the 1999-2003 car as the model has the motor mounted side to side but the real car had the motor front to back.

CONCORDE99-vi.jpg

yeah my dad has a 2000 intrepid rt and it recently spun the crank bearing so its sitting in our garage right now waiting for the parts. it has the flick shift auto transmission. it is also the red that cost alot of money. i would love to somehow find this kit and do some major scratching to make the car for him. Edited by Platerpants

CONCORDE99-vi.jpg

Dave, that came out great! How did you do the front end? I want to do one of these as well.

The stories are just as good as the models. I haven't found a model of my first car, a Mazda 1500. closest i've found is a 1/87 scale two door of it. which i bought. This was a 67 Mazda, but was designed by Bertone, the famous italian style house.

kevmazda_luce_lv22.jpg

My Current Ride: Ford Falcon XR8 ute (think of it as a modern day Ranchero). Model has to be modified from a FPV pursuit (repaint, some body mods, correct rims which i've got).

kev_xr8_kw.jpg

i had this Alfa GTV 2.0 for a few months. fun to drive, but prone to breakdowns

Alfa_sale_2.jpgkevalfa9009.jpg

86 Hyundai

kevs_hyundai.jpg

2001 Ford Falcon

kev_falcon.jpg

I also owned a Subaru 'Ugly Duckling' Leone, which i had to update the model to a dual headlight

subaru_leone_2563.jpgsubaru009.jpg

Edited by kruleworld

Dave, that came out great! How did you do the front end? I want to do one of these as well.

I cut off the odd kit valence and made a new one from stacked sheet plastic, sanded to shape.

would love to somehow find this kit and do some major scratching to make the car for him.

The Intrepid did not share much sheet metal with the Concorde. Doors were very close (same shape overall) and a pillars are the same. The rest is unique to each model. The roof is very different. I found this when I parked next to a new Intrepid a few days after I bought mine and saw how much different the two cars were. The Concorde having a more formal roof with more headroom and a rear window smaller and a high degree.

PS rear view mirrors are from Lindberg Caravan kit!

Edited by Dave Van

Here's my Replica of my first car that I bought. A 1982 Ford EXP. I had tons of fun with this car... I miss it so. :unsure:

Here it is in all her glorious flat faded paint. What you see is what the car really did look like.

82_Ford_EXP-00-m.JPG

Here's the dirty engine compartment... As it was when I had this car.

82_Ford_EXP-10-m.JPG

And the durt and rust it had under the chassis.

82_Ford_EXP-11-m.JPG