Model Cars Magazine Forum

SN95 build thread (in conjunction with the FOX thread)

whale392

Wisdonm,I sure wish I did-I'd love one myself,but have never heard of anyone making em :(

Dirkpitt289,MACH III is looking awesome!!! :D

OK,this is a diecast (replica of my 1:1 ;) ),but since it's a Fox4/SN95 and it's 1:24 scale,and I'm busting to show the new garage dio I scored off eVilbay,I'm showing it,teeheehee! :P

002.jpg

003.jpg

001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1) Yes, the Monogram is a tub interior with door panel inserts.

2) With some trimming and careful reshaping of the convertible boot area and the sides, it will fit. Also, the floor areas (on the underside) may require a bit of shaving to fit properly.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got a good weekend of serious bench-work and did some more on this one. Shot the stripped chrome tree with my aluminum spray. An got my chassis rolling. The rear end is a lil bit fiddly, but went well. Forgot to snap pics though, but all the fit is nice up front as well. I also got the convert in primer, but I'll post some on that after this is closer to done. Still unsure of interior layout for the convertible.

IMG_20121216_151922-vi.jpg

IMG_20130202_214726-vi.jpg

IMG_20130203_001357-vi.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I finished the Cobra before my hiatus, but the body really isn't anything to be excited about and It may be taken apart for the good bits. It really wasn't worth the effort, I should have just built a hardtop from the AMT kit and been happy with that..

STA60001-vi.jpg

But I'm starting a new project that should actually WORK. (I'm doing mine in white with white wheels)

1998_00029_01-vi.jpg

I'm taking the Saleen Speedster kit and putting a roof on from the Monogram GT kit. I'm not a big convertible fan, so this makes sense. Here's what's cooking so far.

20140216_013929Medium-vi.jpg

20140216_013938Medium-vi.jpg

20140216_013949Medium-vi.jpg

I also removed the engine compartment sides from the interior tub and fixed them into the body to make it easier to have them be body color during paint process.

20140216_165740Medium-vi.jpg

Oooh. I like this thread!

I've got a black '94 GT that I'm hoping to replicate soon!

Just bought a monogram '94 GT off ebay (Never seen the monogram one before!) and it was cheap, so I'll add it to my AMT '94 GT as well.

Now if someone only made Bullitt wheels in deep dish and regular dish I'd be set!