Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 Chevelle Hot Rod

Romell R

I know i said this will be an exact copy of my 1:1 chevelle Hot Rod but truth be told my 1:1 will be an exact copy of this model because it will be done a few months before the real thing....any way i'll post pics of both during the build. for anyone who wants to see the 1:1 build its posted at the end of this build. ok so lets get on with it.

I started with the revelle monogram 1967 Chevelle my plans are to build this project with full working suspension so i need a complete frame. The kit frame just wouldnt do so i went diggin thru my junk yard and came up with a AMT Ertel 67 impala frame its a tad too wide and a bit too long so its gonna have to be channeled and chopped.

Chevelle003.jpg

My 67 Chevelle before it was sent to the body shop

67Chevelle007.jpg

If you look closly at the frame you can see that I have already filled the right side of the frame rail with squadrans white putty. this frame is ideal because its a seperate piece and not a part of the floor pan.

Chevelle002.jpg

heres the two frame next to each other..

Chevelle007.jpg

here the new frame has had about 5 scale inches removed to make it narrow enough to fit the chevelle body

Chevelle008.jpg

Chevelle009.jpg

Stay tuned for more progress pics tomarrow............. :rolleyes:

Edited by Aftashox

Heres the frame all filled in and sanded smooth, I also made some lower tubular A-Arms which are pictured below. I made them from brass tube and piano wire wielded together with rosin core soder

Aarmsandframe003.jpg

Aarmsandframe003.jpg

Aarmsandframe001.jpg

Aarmsandframe002.jpg

come back tomarrow for more updates...

:P

welcome back .... to those of you who come back LOL! And welcome to those of you who are here for thr first time. Anyway i finished fabricating the upper and lower tubular A arms and i was able to put the shocks together I have three pairs done because Im not sure of how I want the stance of the car and all three pair are a slightly differant size. I'll be making the 2" drop spindles tonight so i'll have more pics for ya tomarrow. I hope you enjoy these.....

Aarmandsprings016.jpg

Aarmandsprings017.jpg

Yes the springs do work ...!!!

Aarmandsprings019.jpg

Aarmandsprings021.jpg

Aarmandsprings009.jpg

see ya tomarrow.... :rolleyes:

Wow! Very nice work on the A arms and struts. Did you turn the struts? I will watch this one closely. Keep the pictures coming.

Hey Pharr usually I would say "yes i turned the coil overs" but this time I cant take credit for it. My good buddy Robert of RB Motions turned these and i must say I am impressed with them.

I wanted to show these Rims From Dr. Model I have purchased rims from this make on a few other projects and im never unhappy with there products I was gonna modify them but there really close to the rims im puttin on my 1:1 (in the bottom Pic)

rims002.jpg

rims001.jpg

newrims006.jpg:rolleyes:

Well I was able to fabricate all the components for the front suspension today I finished one side so i could show you guys. And yes it all works. Its just set up temperaraly, it all still has to be cleaned up and painted. I hope you enjoy.....

this is a pic of the bottom of the A arm with the coilover attached

Frontsuspension006.jpg

I facbricated two 2 inch drop spindles

Frontsuspension008.jpg

Heres a pic of the parts together

Frontsuspension005.jpg

heres an early mock up

Frontsuspension018.jpg

Frontsuspension020.jpg

Cool engineering on the front suspension. This is shaping up to be a must-follow thread.

What are you going to build after shocks, Aftashox?

My plans are to totally detail the frame before I move on to the motor so I'll have a working rolling chassis by the time Im ready to do body and interior work..Stay tunned :lol:

Where can I get some of those MR Model wheel sets?

Nothing like that available in this neck of the woods that's for sure....

you can get Mr. Model Wheels at www.rpphobby.com just go to the plastic model section and tell em Romell sent ya LOL! :lol:

Edited by Aftashox