Model Cars Magazine Forum

1930 chevy pickup

Hey guys,

ive been looking for a while and cant seem to find a resin kit/body of a 30 chevy pickup. if anyone knows if there is one available please let me know.

my buddy bought a 1:1 and i want yo build him a replica by christmas. any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!

cheers

bryan m

Edited by bryan_m

Bryan, I've never seen any GM pickups in resin or styrene earlier than 1936...(I do hope that there is one out there I haven't heard of yet though ;) )

Danbury Mint did a 1/24 diecast of a roof-less '31 if all else fails. These can be had cheap sometimes, especially when damaged.

$T2eC16VHJHIE9nyseF5YBRM+0FZp2!~~60_57.J

Edited by jeffs396

Could you start with the Vampire Van for a starting point?

That would give you the front half of the cab .

After looking at the Roadster pickup above they are a little different . But you could always look at his truck for better feel of what you need.

Edited by 1930fordpickup

The Barnabas Van is based on the '33 Panel, that used '32 passenger car front sheetmetal, until around '37 this was common practice with most of GM stuff, the commercial vehicles used front sheetmetal from the previous years passenger cars. Of course this applies to Light Trucks, the '30 Chevy Truck would look like the '28-'29 front passenger cars that were drastically different than the sheetmetal that was on the Barnabas Van. Unfortunately I don't know of any plastic kits of the real early Chevy's I would like to find some also I had a 1:1 '31 Coupe years ago & would like to make a model of what it would have looked like if I hadn't sold it before I finished it (the guy I sold it to hasn't touched it since '86, so I don't feel that bad about not finishing it either.