Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charles Carpenters 1955 Chevy Pro Mod......FINISHED...06/09/13

tyrone

'55 Chevy Pro Mod - Super sweet subject matter and project. I'm really watching this as I have a similar build in the planning stage. This will speed up my research for sure! I don't know how you can keep up this pace, Tyrone. I've barely finished reading your last thread and here's another one. You must have a ton of Cola and coffee on hand and then occasionally your wife slips some food under the door.

Thanks alot fellas.. well I got some work done tonight on this one... I got some parts in the mail from Scott today and I got the wheelie bars made up, I added a little more bracing to the front, thanks for looking and comments welcome... 002-2_zpscc801bcc.jpg003-1_zpsc59ae9cb.jpg004-4_zps0660b382.jpg006-4_zpsd8a7d3b0.jpg008-3_zps97d4c187.jpg

Thanks alot fellas.. I always appreciate the kind words from you guys...I got the chassis, rear end and the wheelie mars painted, and I also got the hood scoop fitted.. I took a few mock up pics... thanks for looking and comments welcome... 001-1.jpg005-4.jpg006-4.jpg007-3.jpg002-2.jpg

Thanks fellas... I really appreciate it... Well I've been taking a liitle break from the bench for a few days.... This build has been fighting me in almost everything I've tried to do.. So I decided to take a little break.... After a couple of days of I got back to it and I've got the headers done, and I decided to repaint the wheelie bars a darker color, I then took a toothpick with the tip sharpened with a hobby knife and dipped in some chrome paint to look like welds... more updates soon...

015-1.jpg016-1.jpg017-2.jpg021-3.jpg022-2.jpg

Edited by tyrone

I've sanded and cleaned up the headers, and painted them with various shades of alclad and metalizer paints.. I've also started on the front brakes these are from Scott.. and I like them alot. still need to paint the calipers and add them here a few pics... 004-4.jpg005-4-1.jpg006-4-1.jpg008-3-1.jpg010-3.jpg