Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The Brat is actually a built up that needs some restoring, but, it was FREE! So was the Pinto box, I say box because there is a Vega inside. Wish the Pinto was in there. But, it was also free! The rest I paid for.

The Monza kits are the same, with the exception of the Pro Stock hood on the yellow one.

Tim, if you can only get one, grab the Comet, it's got the best 429 ever made in it!

I got the Comet along with a 1963 Fury and a few other kits over the weekend at Scale Model World here in the UK.

DSCF5030640x480_zps3cc20a09.jpg

DSCF5029640x480_zps57de29e3.jpg

DSCF5031480x640_zpse7154ff8.jpg

I also got a sheet of gold BMF and a set of Pegasus reverse chrome wheels.

I`m pretty pumped about building this one. When I start building again all other builds in waiting will go to the end of the line.

This one was usually the same Cobra. It would rarely come up and then be at a crazy price. I got lucky and hit it on a day when all the stars were lined up. What one are you looking for?

a 66 elco a 66 wagon and a new build room! my daughter is moving out, so 3/4 of her stuff is out of the room, and 3/4 of my stuff is in the room, lol. hope to have it set up fully by the end of this coming weekend. scored a sweet heavy duty table from work i've had in the garage waiting to go into this room, it's 6' x 3', plenty of build room on it!, and another smaller table to put the paint booth on, and i'll have room for the display case I scored a few weeks ago as well. i'll even be able to get the hoard out of the closet [the wife will be pleased :D ]

I also got my issue today, and I had no idea I even had a subscription! :o

My lovely wife Pam, after our trip to the Carolina Classic NNL, remembered me saying I could never find the magazine anywhere, and four of my models were photographed at that contest. So being the great wife she is, got me a subscription for our anniversary!

Yup, I've got a great wife, I love ya Pam! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Edited by Custom Mike

I also got my issue today, and I had no idea I even had a subscription! :o

My lovely wife Pam, after our trip to the Carolina Classic NNL, remembered me saying I could never find the magazine anywhere, and four of my models were photographed at that contest. So being the great wife she is, got me a subscription for our anniversary!

Yup, I've got a great wife, I love ya Pam! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Thats cool, you are a lucky man Mike

Hey Joe. Company is ARII. Looks to be a decent kit but don't know how it will build up. Unlike a lot of kits from Japan this one does have and engine and opening doors. I does however have a less than great interior and chassis. Exhaust molded in and it looks as if at one time the kit was offered motorized. All in all not a great kit but it may build up as a OK display piece. We shall see if I ever get to it.

IMG_4163-vi.jpg

I found this in the bottom of a junk box at the Liars Show last Saturday. All parts are there, including some of the broken windshield frame. Good news is that both fin tips are intact, which are usually the first thing to go on these.. never been painted or sanded, price $5 for a decent parts car / rebuilder.

IMG_4161-vi.jpg

1/24 scale Volvo. It's missing a headlight on the left side but otherwise complete and it's dirty like it's been sitting in a junkyard a while. But who would pass it up for $2?

IMG_4163-vi.jpg

I found this in the bottom of a junk box at the Liars Show last Saturday. All parts are there, including some of the broken windshield frame. Good news is that both fin tips are intact, which are usually the first thing to go on these.. never been painted or sanded, price $5 for a decent parts car / rebuilder.

IMG_4161-vi.jpg

1/24 scale Volvo. It's missing a headlight on the left side but otherwise complete and it's dirty like it's been sitting in a junkyard a while. But who would pass it up for $2?

$2 ?? Sweet Deal !! say what you want, Volvo's are kinda cool ...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...