Model Cars Magazine Forum

Out Of Production Resin & Aftermarket Products

I thought it might be a good idea to post and list some long out of production resin casting businesses and/or their products for future reference, as there were many interesting and unique items produced which may never again see the light of day, save for the secondary market.

Let's start with Pinecrest Resin's Ford offerings:

Pinecrest.jpg

'58 Dodge "Pilothouse" Pickup from Tru-Scale Resin Details:

58DodgeResin.jpg

One each from Scale Reproductions and Accu-Pro:

ACCUPROsb.jpg

Pickups from SJS Details:

[SJS1.jpg

SJS2.jpg

Is Scale Squads still around? I know Missing Link makes one of these nose now, so a least one is still available:

ScaleSquads1.jpg

ScaleSquads2.jpg

Some Ron Cash bodies:

RonCash3.jpg

A '57 Sedan Delivery(?) from Mike's Miniature Motors. Is this the same place which was previously/later located in Milwaukee and made the 1/24 Challenger R/T conversion?:

mmm2.jpg

What happens to the molds and masters when these companies go away? Are they held captive in a box in the caster's basement covered in dust? Or are the molds worn out and the masters lost/broken, and that's maybe a contributing factor to their demise?

I thought Good Stuff did the pieces for the monogram 1970 to convert it into a 1971 ?

I should've been more specific on the scale, but it might've been Muscle in Miniature who did the 1/24 '70 Challenger R/T conversion I'm thinking of. The twin-scoop Rallye hood was part of the package, as well as the correct rear valence panel and quad exhaust tips, all of which was to be used with the Monogram '70 T/A kit. There may have been a center console, too.

What about all the stuff that Art Anderson made from All American Resin..?? Did he sell his masters to someone else or did he keep them himself..?? Art...??? Can you tell us..??

Art and I tried to work a deal back in 2000 for his business but there was just not a viable way to do it and see the type of ROI that a business person needs to make to just sustain a business... Art Offered alot of assistance to me if I bought the items but it just didn't work... That is also the same time I found out how big of jerk Juha Ario is...

The items for All American Models is to old now to have any value...

I know there is alot of negative talk about Art but I will only say that Art got in a situation that he was just unable to get out of... Art is infact a great guy...

What about all the stuff that Art Anderson made from All American Resin..?? Did he sell his masters to someone else or did he keep them himself..?? Art...??? Can you tell us..??

There is some AAM stuff being redone. Motor City Resin Casters does the International bread truck, Missing Link does the 78 LTD and I just started offering the 40 Ford Woody.

MVC010S-vi.jpg

1950 Ford large truck cab done by SJS Details. It came with a chassis. I also have his Studebaker Champ pickup and a laser cut kit of a phone company pickup box.

MVC001S-vi.jpg

Accu-Pro 40 Ford Standard trans kit with the photo etch grill.

MVC024S-vi.jpg

Accu-Pro Zipper Roadster with their metal chassis. I'm pretty sure they're no longer in production.

MVC001F-vi.jpg

AFX Resin Bronco Kit.

DSC28-vi.jpg

Perrys Resin '53 Plymouth wagon body. I don't know if he's OAB, hard to get at any rate.

This is just stuff that I had photos handy. A lot of the early resin I collected was rendered obsolete by new kits that came out or were reissued. For instance I had Mad Dog Resin's 66 Cuda Funny Car body, a thick slush cast thingie. Once the kit was re-released I sold it as a slot car body on eBay. Same with Mike's Miniature Motors '56 Nomad, and my R&R '50 Ford pickup, once the Revell kits came out.

very interesting thread, a question here:

i also have this Zipper body kit, i think i bought it on ebay.

MVC024S-vi.jpg

funny thing is, i also have that metal chassis/suspension but i dont think i bought it with the body. did they come bundled as a kit? i thought the metal chassis was an R&D Unique piece and i was sure the metal front axle and suspension was. did R&D Unique also market this set?

More on the original subject sadly have to add Scale Kraft of south africa to the gone but not forgotten list. very kool euro cars in 1/24 and very excellent castings.

Oh I saw two bodies I really want and what I've wanted for a long time. The Corvette Nomad and that Ford Bronco are really good looking bodies. I have to get them at some point I guess.

Great thread, I'll keep an eye on this one.

very interesting thread, a question here:

i also have this Zipper body kit, i think i bought it on ebay.

MVC024S-vi.jpg

funny thing is, i also have that metal chassis/suspension but i dont think i bought it with the body. did they come bundled as a kit? i thought the metal chassis was an R&D Unique piece and i was sure the metal front axle and suspension was. did R&D Unique also market this set?

That is an R&D chassis. I got it second or third hand so it was all in the one box when I got it. I didn't know if it was all one kit or separate components.

"rdsxfan" is selling that Bronco on evilbay now. Not sure if they have one Up now, but have listed it,

a 67 Satellite/Belvedere Wagon, 62 F-100 Pickup, Short box conversions, and even long boxes for it,

67-72 era Chevy/GMC's and some Ford Pickups.

I believe they are the AFX resin.

That is an R&D chassis. I got it second or third hand so it was all in the one box when I got it. I didn't know if it was all one kit or separate components.

R&D offered the Chassis in several versions up to one with independent front and rear suspensions with your choice of drum or disc brakes.

Look all personalities asaide, the question posed is, '' where are the molds, and, why not give them up for casting again''. That's all we need to know. These are some of the most iconic kits in all of modeldom, so, which of the resin casters now in business will be willing to make them availible again, if they were able to get their hands on the molds?. In closing, I pose the opinion that, with all that's missing and needed in the industry, something positive should come from this. I only hope that some willing to do something about it will do something about it! Just my singular opinoin. No flame, rant or inappropritness intented. Thank You Guys.

Edited by raildogg

Here's what I know.......

Ron Cash passed away several years ago. His wife sold his remaining inventory on _bay a couple of years ago. He was from the Cleveland area. Maybe someone in that area has the masters. By this time any molds would have aged to the point of being useless.

Fremont Resin's (who made some great drag racing stuff) more than likely went to Reliable Resin. The owner of that outfit swore to me he had the artwork for Fremont's decals and has offered a few of Fremont's resin products. I have not talked to Joe Curtis (I believe that was Fremont's owner) to confirm this.

The point is there are several resin casters we don't support like we should......Maybe we need to wake up and place some orders.

I have a "buy it when I see it policy" 'cause resin guys don't tend to hang around forever. (Modelhaus being the exception.)

Lets HOPE that The Modelhaus sticks around for a bunch more years. I know that I have a LOT more of their stuff that I want to get as my budget permits.

• Xingu pinned this topic