Model Cars Magazine Forum

COBRA 427 "VENOM"

Paxton

I had the idea to bash a cobra when I found on the internet this drawing 3d called "venom". I wondered seeing this design if the designer had worked maintaining the proportions of true cobra. so I opened my jar of polyester putty, and a lot of motivation, is the work in progress:

cobra-10.jpg

310.jpg

410.jpg

610.jpg

710.jpg

1010.jpg

1110.jpg

1310.jpg

Awesome JOB!!! What's the engine gonna be? Maybe a blown 4.6?? Or.... did you ever see an article about "Daisy"... it was a FoMoCo next-gen concept of the Cobra? Had their V-10 in it.... they even had Carroll Shelby repeat his famous "circle burnout" he did in the original Cobra back in the early 60's.... Just a couple of ideas for the engine...

You are doing an amazing job of replicating the Venom!!!! Can't wait to see it finished!!

Amazing!!

If you hadn't included the pics I'd have had trouble believing that what lay at the core is ten pounds of putty and an old Cobra kit. Even without seeing it finished yet I think we can all honestly agree that this will deserve to be an award winner

I took the liberty of posting five pictures of this car under 1:1 photos. I'm hoping Mr. Boyer allows himself to modify the original design, or perhaps cast his model and then modify it. From the craftmanship exhibited so far, I'd guess he can improve this design. I'd suggest a fastback (of course) to help balance the heavy front. Also, I'd lower the tail light panel to lessen the rump-up look. The fangs are over the top in my opinion, and I might do a flush grille with a concave bar painted black across the middle. Just some thoughts. Beautiful work so far.

hi Guys :)

i try to answer to all your questions :

@BKcustoms : i work mainly with tool fitted on dremel (i don"t know the word), scalpel, cutter and sand paper.

@ajshot58 : front bonnet will not open, so no detailled engine.

@sportandmiah : i use "sintofer" polyester bi components putty. the one i use is "soft", easier to sand.

@GerN : youre right, my shape is not accurate, i took liberty to modifie the original design, because what i prefer on this project is the front. i don' like a lot the hard top and the tail, to short for my sense. however i don't know if my design will look better.... ^_^

@many : i know that wheels looks a bit too big, but i haven't better in my stock. i have got some pegasus wheels, the rear one could fit, but the front are to small !