Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vector W2 scratch build

Jeremy Jon

Jeremy, love the decals/scripts you've prepped. You are to be commended on tackling such an interesting car. I always liked the real car but it turned out just wasn't to be. Fun to watch you build this and I get to learn along the way.

Cheers,

Tim

Thanks Luis & Tim

Lots of "life" things have been holding up my progress on projects, but I'm too stubborn to ever quit! :D

On the positive, got my big box of rubber tires casted in today, just like Christmas, including the first 15 sets of proper Pirelli P7s for Vector W2! :)

Edited by Jeremy Jon

Thanks Mike & JC

Yes JC, lots of little changes to make it possible, over just a straight 'build', things which take time, but don't photograph well, like thickening sections and removing under-cuts & further refinements to the body/chassis ...but closer! :)

Been trying out some new type silicone mold material, practising with an existing kit part, to see which type to use for making the Vector molds from?!

10690110_692987724128273_827973906499969

This is amazing! Vector is one of those brands that I fell in love with long ago. I had an opportunity to go see a W8 about 4 hours away that was actually for sale, and I still kick myself for not going. Whose silicone are you using? I've been using a lot of Smooth-On products at work lately, and we've managed some incredible details with pretty limited efforts.

Thanks guys!

Gene - it's a Vector W2, first pages of this thread have more explanation of it's history

Michael - yes, I post updates on my FB page too

Jason - Thanks :)

Bob - yes, smooth-on, some 14NV and other 30 for molds

Bill - Thanks Bill for the gracious compliments, it's certainly a learning curve! :)

Some molds started on the Vector W2 bits ....need to make some changes to how parts interconnect, made easier for molding reliability & certainty once parts are made and work properly as intended

10593007_696746643752381_596434535221034

10696420_696746677085711_636122435641627

• 2 months later...