Model Cars Magazine Forum

Have see this snow plow

Wouldn't work here in MN. That's not heavy enough for the big deep snow we get.

Exactly. I got 16" a couple of weeks ago, heavy stuff, no way would that toy move it. The snow it is moving is maybe a inch at the most. Cool, but just a very expensive toy.

That would be nice to have for some people but here in Charlotte we just wait for it to melt! In 8 winters, I think I have used my snow shovel 3 or 4 times to shovel the snow and probably 10 times to get the leaves up in the fall.

Not sure about the rest of you Illinois guys, but this sounds like what we got in West Chicago so far.

You guys have no vision of what is possible. That would be a prototype to see if it's feasible. Looks good to me. Like any prototype, it needs tweaking. Tracks, for deeper snow. If it gets below 0º out, should be OK as it's stored in a garage (maybe in need of a space heater?), driveway looks small and should be able to plow it in minutes. I think he was plowing the sidewalk just to see what it can do, but even then, if it's just to the neighbors driveway, no problem! He should put a pole on it with an amber strobe for liability reasons though. He also needs to find it's maximum snow depth. Otherwise, he will need to plow twice. While sitting at his workbench monitor. No sore back. Sa-weet!!