Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya's LaFerrari, new pics, OP

martinfan5

Tamiya is scheduled to release the LA Ferrari in Nov, price , well depending on where you order from, currently the pre order price at
Hobby Search is 4080Yen, or about $42 US, and the at Hobby Link Japan , the current pre order price with the 20% off is 3840Yen or about $39 US

http://www.hlj.com/product/tam24333
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10238910

Here are some photos from the Toyko Hobby Show
1236597_517225448352344_1476033858_n_zps
543434_517225475019008_568048021_n_zps0f
1231575_517223355019220_1532764536_n_zps
1238362_517225458352343_14944943_n_zpsf4

This a little bit more about the La Ferrari, this is translated , and its from Tamiya's website

http://www.tamiya.com/japan/cms/newstopics/2397-hobbyshow.html

The first Ferrari hybrid machines made his debut this year as a special model F40, F50 and Enzo's flows, ' La Ferrari 'appeared as early as. -Kinetic energy recovery system using feedback technology in the F1 'Hy-kers'due its overwhelming power 963 horsepower total 6262ccVåž‹ 12-cylinder engine + motor. It is finished in the fastest road car Ferrari ever production only 499 units special. Is a form of aggressive fusion of yesteryear with the F1 race, of course, the monocoque structure just like the mid-engined racing machine faithfully-model. Opened after completion the gullwing doors, cowl reproduce the characteristics of hybrid systems, such as Hy-kers motor allowing the engine unit and battery. Production of the vehicle is furudisupureimoderu enjoy the intact Assembly

Yup. Pre-ordered. I'm fairly (pleasantly) surprised at the price point, given what Tamiya's been charging for the Lexus LF-A and Aston DBS kits. I would have thought $70-80. That's money I can spend on CF decals!

Hopefully it's up to the standard of the carrera gt, enzo or lfa. A bit disappointed with tamiya's brz.

Ben

Yup. Pre-ordered. I'm fairly (pleasantly) surprised at the price point, given what Tamiya's been charging for the Lexus LF-A and Aston DBS kits. I would have thought $70-80. That's money I can spend on CF decals!

Actually this price is about the same as the LFA in yen. 4800 vs 5000. The good price has more to do with the exchange rate that anything else. I just hope this rate holds. Makes Japanese goods very desirable.

The LFA was only $70-80 stateside, I bought mine from HLJ right after it came out for less than $50 shipped. With the exchange rate as Peter mentions the kit is actually priced at $40.43 today.

From HLJ email annoncement:

"An all-new kit of the all-new Ferrari LaFerrari, from Tamiya! This stunning kit of the stunning LaFerrari features full detail inside and out, with detailed 6262cc V12 engine (with HY-KERS motor system), transmission, interior, and suspension, plus scissor doors and a rear cowl that can be positioned open or closed even after assembly to show off all the detail within. "

• 2 weeks later...

Is the pe included or an extra???

joe

Right now there's no separate listing for a P/E set from Tamiya. Most of the high-end "Black Box" releases have had some form of P/E in them recently, although the picture would seem to offer a release date and price for it that's not in the kit. Right now IF it's separate with the exchange rate and the price show in the pic the P/E would be about $11.00.