Model Cars Magazine Forum

Real or Model #209 FINISHED!

Real or model?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Real or model?

From back when people would actually go to the trouble of custom ordering their Rolls Royce the excat way they wantecd it. If you wanted a 6,000+ lb 2-place convertible, Rolls Royce would make it happen for you. Frankly, I don't know if that's even possible anymore with BMW at the helm. I don't know for sure if this is real or a model, but it's a great example of what would have been possible in the late 50's. I'm going to call it REAL.

You could do this one for AutoID as well...., I couldn't tell exactly what this is....

It would be too cool of it's real!

Well, it's pretty obviously a Rolls Royce from the mid to late 1950's through sometime in the early to mid 1960's That would narrow the model down to, I believe, a Silver Wraith, Silver Dawn, or a Phantom IV chassis. The bodywork isn't from the factory catalog as far as I know, but there were still several old-time coachbuilders doing fine custom work such as this in that timeframe, as well as several relative newcomers such as Pinin Farina. A little online research goes a long way, and is a lot of fun besides. That's a big part of the reason I like these games Harry does so much - Even if I don't find what it is I'm looking for, I almost always learn SOMETHING!

Well, it's pretty obviously a Rolls Royce from the mid to late 1950's through sometime in the early to mid 1960's That would narrow the model down to, I believe, a Silver Wraith, Silver Dawn, or a Phantom IV chassis. The bodywork isn't from the factory catalog as far as I know, but there were still several old-time coachbuilders doing fine custom work such as this in that timeframe, as well as several relative newcomers such as Pinin Farina. A little online research goes a long way, and is a lot of fun besides. That's a big part of the reason I like these games Harry does so much - Even if I don't find what it is I'm looking for, I almost always learn SOMETHING!

Hear Hear!