Model Cars Magazine Forum

Round 2 wants to know what you want!

They're playing it "Safe " with stuff that's been re released to near death with new boxes.

I have to agree, especially if you look at what was released under the AMT label when they were owned by RC2. You can almost predict what is coming from Round2 by looking at which kits RC2 released a decade or so ago. My theory is that the tooling for those kits is already at the molding facility in China, so that saves considerable expense for Round2. If people are going to buy the reissued kits in new boxes anyway, it makes good business sense to follow that pattern. That seems to be the business model for Round2's plastic car/truck lineup for the foreseeable future.

In fairness Round2 has dug into the vault and released some long OOP, and hard to find kits like the Depth Charger, Li'l 'Stogie, '78 Pacer, Daytona Transport Truck, as well as giving their racing slick lineup a serious refresh and cleaning up kits which had simply been run to death (AMT '33 Willys, '40 Fords, etc.) over the last 50+ years.

I wonder if Round2 or Matchbox owns the tooling for the kits created while Matchbox owned AMT-- kits like the VW Rabbit and Scirocco, and Subaru Brat? I thought I read somewhere that Matchbox put up the development money for those kits, and retained the tooling/right to those kits when they sold off AMT. I'll have to see if I can find that info again.

I too wish they could find Cooter's Tow truck. That 72 Cheyenne was a little

better than the Modified GMC Shortbox stepside we have gotten the past 4 issues Since the Cooter's release.

As for Boss Hogg's Caddy.....................................

Doubtful!

It would be nice, But likely won't happen

Shame really. Would love to get my hands on Cooters tow truck.

Like I said, I have The General Lee, Roscos car and Daisys Plymouth. Would love to see some more of the Hazzard icon cars re-produced or as new tooled models.

Have seen on line that Enos police car was once produced, but it is now like gold dust.....

Boss Hoggs Caddy would be great to top them all off. But like you said douthful...

Daisy also, in modern times also had s Wrangler. Thst to would also be nice.

Maybe a I am asking for to much :-)

(forgive bad spelling, on the phone)

Aido

• 8 months later...
These car never overly excited me. I love the '73 and earlier Camaros and Firebirds. And the case of Firebirds, I always like the Formulas better. Saying that, they sure were popular. And a good kit for Round 2 to be reissuing. But, with two different promo kits from that era, I have enough Trans Ams in my collection.

I gotta agree with Scott.. I am a HUGE Pontiac and 2nd Gen Firebird fan...so I shouldn't complain about a new Pontiac kit..but ANOTHER release of a 1979 Trans Am is only yawn inspiring. The Formulas are just as awesome, if not more, and haven't really been seen since the annual MPC releases of the 70's. How about someone do a 1973-74 SD455 car?!?! ...Formula or Trans Am! Its ONLY one of the greatest musclecars ever made..

Edited by ShredHippie

How about someone do a 1973-74 SD455 car?!?! ...Formula or Trans Am! Its ONLY one of the greatest musclecars ever made..

I've been pining for a 455 Super Duty T/A or Formula (talk about rare !) for decades !

Honestly , I'm not a fan of the '77-'81 Firebird (nor its relative Camaro) , so these ad nauseam reissues of those (hideous) years is too much to handle !