Model Cars Magazine Forum

ChevroletC-60 flat bed truck

Hi all

This is a little project I finished some years ago. It is a home made Chevrolet flat bed truck powered by a Perkins 6 cylinder inline diesel engine. It is build up on a Ford Louisville frame with the C600 bed, a Pick up cab and a scratch build engine. The pics are from during the build, I hope that is ok and you can see how it looks like. I hope to get the time for some better pics in the sun next year.

DSC04612.JPG

DSC04610.JPG

DSC04602.JPG

DSC04601.JPG

DSC04598.JPG

DSC04587.JPG

DSC04593.JPG

DSC04552.JPG

DSC04551.JPG

DSC04547.JPG

It is home build and not like a real one, but as far as everything is possible in the USA, this truck could drive around somewhere. I hope you enjoy the pics.

So long

Arnd

My uncle used to have a truck EXACTLY like this! Right down to the RUST!!! GREAT job! Looks GREAT!

With a Perkins diesel or a big block gas Chevy? While I'm not sure for the Perkins engine, I really like your C60 Arnd, it does look like the real thing!

Hallo all

thanks a lot for your grate remarks, it is grate to read that you like this littel girl. It was a lot of fun building up this one. I did some research for the engine and I think I find out that the bigger Dodge pick ups and the smaler trucks so it fits quite well to the chevy.

so long

Arnd