Model Cars Magazine Forum

A couple KW with interesting hauls

Here are a couple of pics we got in a bulliten. I thought some of the loads were interesting (as well as the trailors). I like the COE. doesn't look like anything recent.

B-1ContractorsCargo1lr.jpg

B-1ContractorsCargo2lr.jpg

Mike

where did you get these photos?....im surprised the united states govt. hadnt come nockin' on your door yet?.....i know what aircraft that is ....i just cant tell you!

They were photos from a bulliten we got here at Kenworth. They look to be very recent, compared to most of the ones we get. I didn't realize the B1 was so secret. I had a friend who worked on building them and my dad is in the airforce. They must not have been too worried about it as this is how they shipped them. They didn't even bother with a tarp. They look decomissioned to me.

Yea, I like that little COE myself.

Mike

They were photos from a bulliten we got here at Kenworth. They look to be very recent, compared to most of the ones we get. I didn't realize the B1 was so secret. I had a friend who worked on building them and my dad is in the airforce. They must not have been too worried about it as this is how they shipped them. They didn't even bother with a tarp. They look decomissioned to me.

Yea, I like that little COE myself.

Mike

I hope there not secret, since I spent lots of hours in the sim flying one. And for several years took my students thru the phase dock, engine rebuild shop and test cell( they fired up a few engines for us), munitions loading area, and let them play with the proceedural simulator and the full motion simulator. They were and are a great community of guys(and gals) and would do anything to help the school and career classes out. I'm not sure about this airframe, but I heard of one that got "overstressed" and twisted the spine and vertical stab.

where did you get these photos?....im surprised the united states govt. hadnt come nockin' on your door yet?.....i know what aircraft that is ....i just cant tell you!

Yes you can. It's a B-1B Bomber. and from the looks of the terrain, it's not from here in TX at Dyess AFB where I used to work on them. Probably the N. Dakota crews.

• 3 weeks later...

NoDak ain't got mountains up this way. Probably Ellsworth Air Base in SD near Rapid. They have an ass load of military planes vintage and modern there. Looks like a possible resto? As for the NASA COE they probably still have it in use or stashed away somewhere since they still have those three needle nose Pete's.