airing of laundry.

Really is to bad; THD has some cool

looking builds that I really enjoy

viewing as well as the rest of you

primary players here on the forum!

Thanks for the link Zoom Zoom!

Edited by camaroman

Sorry, but I've just gotta say this ...

I think anyone who pays "Several Thousand $$" for a chroming system to chrome model car parts is fracking insane.

There, I feel better! B)

We build, boast, and post about model cars. We collect them. We're all fracking insane. B)

But yeah, I hear you :)

Thankfully a Spaz Stix and BMF budget works just fine 90% of the time.

I guess our model car parts are kind of small and too easily lost for an enterprising individual to offer up this kind of replacement plating in lieu of the more traditional vacuum plating.

Okay boys,

Move along, it's over, nothing to see here, uuhhmmm, spend what you can afford, pay your tab and take it outside, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here, how can we miss you if you won't go away, drive safe ( I used to be a bouncer in my younger days, still remember the verbage ) go sleep it off, and we'll see you next time we have happy hour and $1.00 steaks.

I am a new member. Stop this. It makes me uncomfortable. I want to learn how to build good cars. I want to learn from the "masters". Our hobby is in a crisis. Between the ADD we inflict on the new generation, and the fact the what we do is "boring" to a lot of people who can't sit still for 15 minutes, much less spend the time it takes to creat one of our "mini-wonder works of art/freakin' coolest little things ya ever seen!!", we need to band together, promote our brotherhood, promote harmony, promote class & pride in our work, and hopefully inspire others to join us. Strength in numbers, so to speak. (That's another post for another time.)

I am not very good.... yet. I want to admire your work, learn about your technique, ponder your ideas and just plain stare in amazement at the one thing in life that literally touches my youth, my creativity and makes me wonder how ya did dat!!. You all collectively (should) make me feel like I am part of something special, and 99% of the time I do. But, when I see something cool and want to give a pat on the back, I read the whole post before adding my comment, and what I waded through last night didn't work for me. I am a graying member of the modeling community, and was wise enough to realize "boys will be boys", and also wise enough to realize it will not dampen my fire one bit..... but...... a new person might have said @##%&^%%$@ and went to play Wii instead.

Argue if you must, just take it outside. Period. I am new, and have zero status here. Fine. Just take it outside. Period. Take it outside. No more. If you can't enlighten and inform, share and learn, then S.T.F.U.

Mike

Okay boys,

Move along, it's over, nothing to see here, uuhhmmm, spend what you can afford, pay your tab and take it outside, you don't have to go home but you can't stay here, how can we miss you if you won't go away, drive safe ( I used to be a bouncer in my younger days, still remember the verbage ) go sleep it off, and we'll see you next time we have happy hour and $1.00 steaks.

I am a new member. Stop this. It makes me uncomfortable. I want to learn how to build good cars. I want to learn from the "masters". Our hobby is in a crisis. Between the ADD we inflict on the new generation, and the fact the what we do is "boring" to a lot of people who can't sit still for 15 minutes, much less spend the time it takes to creat one of our "mini-wonder works of art/freakin' coolest little things ya ever seen!!", we need to band together, promote our brotherhood, promote harmony, promote class & pride in our work, and hopefully inspire others to join us. Strength in numbers, so to speak. (That's another post for another time.)

I am not very good.... yet. I want to admire your work, learn about your technique, ponder your ideas and just plain stare in amazement at the one thing in life that literally touches my youth, my creativity and makes me wonder how ya did dat!!. You all collectively (should) make me feel like I am part of something special, and 99% of the time I do. But, when I see something cool and want to give a pat on the back, I read the whole post before adding my comment, and what I waded through last night didn't work for me. I am a graying member of the modeling community, and was wise enough to realize "boys will be boys", and also wise enough to realize it will not dampen my fire one bit..... but...... a new person might have said @##%&^%%$@ and went to play Wii instead.

Argue if you must, just take it outside. Period. I am new, and have zero status here. Fine. Just take it outside. Period. Take it outside. No more. If you can't enlighten and inform, share and learn, then S.T.F.U.

Mike

Well said, I am here to offer help if you need it....... :)

Sorry, but I've just gotta say this ...

I think anyone who pays "Several Thousand $$$$" for a chroming system to chrome model car parts is fracking insane.

There, I feel better! wink.gif

I have to agree with you and ZOOM ZOOM.

I just happen to be very comfortable with my insanity and my addiction for plastic. I do it my way because I can, and love it. Always have, always will biggrin.gif . To me, nothin' better than plastic for great relaxation and a challange.

People who don't like it, well.... guess that's another topic - oh wait, that is the topic laugh.gif .

Life's to short to think this little hobby is more than just that.

Can't believe this topic and my other one hasn't been locked yet- I'M TRYING TO SET A RECORD HERE.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ??? (Where's Gregg and Harry when you need them tongue.gif )

DOES ANYBODY HERE HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR???blink.gif

(oops..THATS RIGHT - NO CAPS...SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE BEING YELLED AT)

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Just out of curiosity ... have you ever considered that for what you paid for that system, you probably could've gotten a plating service to chrome every part of every kit in your stash several times over? ohmy.gif

Did I hear someone utter the phrase "more money than brains?" huh.gif

Actually, I was thinking more in terms of "I could have used the money for therapy", but hey, then we wouldn't be having all this controversial fun cool.gif .

I am a new member. Stop this. It makes me uncomfortable. I want to learn how to build good cars. I want to learn from the "masters".

my creativity and makes me wonder how ya did dat!!. You all collectively (should) make me feel like I am part of something special, and 99% of the time I do. But, when I see something cool and want to give a pat on the back, I read the whole post before adding my comment,

play Wii instead.

S.T.F.U.

Mike

Mike, First of all WELCOME! There is a lot of good here so stick around.

I have paraphrased your quote from above but I think I captured your intent. Here's my view:

There are many "Masters" here and many share their knowledge freely. Ask and they will respond. They, too, continue to want to learn. When someone says "I did it better (or faster, or cheaper)they ask "How?" I'm changing from third to first person as I include myself from here on. When someone continues to says "I did it better" and ignores repeated requests to explain and furthermore will not respond with even "that's my trade secret and I'm not tell'n" it gets me and others to wondering. So welcome to Wonderland where not every thing is as it appears.

The Wii players were lost before we could save them.

Using S.T.F.U. will draw more attention than you want. Read the board rules.

I stay here because I can sift through the soap operas, laugh when I can and learn what I can.

Steve

Using S.T.F.U. will draw more attention than you want. Read the board rules.

Good point.

Every new member should make sure that they understand and follow the rules themselves before they start telling others what to do. :(

In every regard, (since I broke one of my cardinal rules for myself & took THD off ignore & read this entire thread), having read the thread, I think it's more likely a case of "More ego than brains", & that seems to be self evident.

Now back to the ignore section for the OP.

cool.gif

I have to agree. Where else does someone get this kind of attention, UNLESS YOUR A 14 YEAR OLD BOY NAMED DUKEFAN69, AND JUST WANT TO BE ACCEPTED, and the girly men here crush his spirit, just because he wants to transition into manhood and be accepted. He got more attention than me, and wasn't even here.

I hope he finds a good positive role model to mentor him and show him what being a "Real Man" is like, 'cause you guys are a train wreck, that attacked him.

The good thing is that there are only about 6 "GIRLY MEN" and if there are now 6000 members as Gregg Boasted about (HEY ..WAIT A MINUTE ...YOUR IN MY CAMP. OH MY GOSH GREGG NEEDS ATTENTION TOO?ohmy.gif ),

then 6 people out of 6000 is only one tenth of one per cent of us.

GEEZ, I'd feel pretty un-important if I was one of those 6 "GIRLY MEN sad.gif . LOOK WHO'S GETTING ALL THE ATTENTION - NOT YOU ...AAAHHHHH ..SNIFF unsure.gif .

I GUESS BEING CONTROVERSIAL PAYS OFF.

Remember everyone if you want huge numbers, here on VIEWS and COMMENTS, just get people to believe your a liar or holding back, and get people to attack you ( I planned It All laugh.gif ), and you'll be an instant success.

THD

Hey, Dave...might have missed it when you went quiet on the forum for months the last time...but I actually started a Back To The Basics build thread specifically for Nick/Dukefan's benefit.

In case you're wondering, it's something called a "tutorial" where I show, step by step, how to do the things that go into building a simple kit out of the box.

You see, David...when you offer to show people things and don't do it, the mentoring value is limited and it all ends in tears. When you actually DO show people how you do things, not talk about it-actually do it, the real benefit is for everyone.

Now I'm starting to see why you're soo upset, David..."He got more attention than me, and wasn't even here"

Well, you've got your moment in the spotlight. Nick was nice enough to give you the stage all to yourself.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

WHERE'S MY TRUNK MONKEY rolleyes.gif

don't bother waiting for Dave, go back and look for the video posted by Bob Downie of the water based chroming system featured by Jay Leno. the German guy's got it figured out and makes it look so easy a cave man could even do it :P

Dave

The thing that's keeping that system from being widely used by model builders is the cost. It's easy to do, as we can see in that Jay Leno's Garage video, but pretty expensive to buy. And for the occasional small parts a model builder might need plated every now and then, it makes more sense economically to just send the parts to Chrome-Tech... unless they come out with some $49.95 "home" version of that water-based system. ;)

I have to agree with you and ZOOM ZOOM.

I just happen to be very comfortable with my insanity and my addiction for plastic. I do it my way because I can, and love it. Always have, always will biggrin.gif . To me, nothin' better than plastic for great relaxation and a challange.

People who don't like it, well.... guess that's another topic - oh wait, that is the topic laugh.gif .

Life's to short to think this little hobby is more than just that.

Can't believe this topic and my other one hasn't been locked yet- I'M TRYING TO SET A RECORD HERE.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ??? (Where's Gregg and Harry when you need them tongue.gif )

DOES ANYBODY HERE HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR???blink.gif

(oops..THATS RIGHT - NO CAPS...SOME PEOPLE THINK THEY'RE BEING YELLED AT)

Sorry, I've run out of my standard supply of humor with all the asinine claims you have been making...Besides, NONE OF THIS DOG PUCKY YOU HAVE CREATED HERE IS HUMEROUS ANYMORE...NONE OF IT!!

You're a delusional clown...You're a liar, and you have brought just about all of this mess upon yourself. Now you bascially cry and complain because the heat in the kitchen is too hot, and you're sweating up puddles all over the floor.....Boo-freakin-hoo.

Maybe the next time you go looking for a dustup, you should cover your bases a little better and leave yourself a proper escape route once things become too much to handle.

Mark Jones has pretty much completely owned you in the Lancer slot car body thread. [You know, the one in which you totally lied about pattern making]

In fact, you've been owned so bad in all this lying and decieving game, that I have officially inducted you into the MCM hall of shame..Congrats, buddy, I know you must be proud now.

You might want to think about putting down the scotch bottle or brandy snifter...Some of your babbling almost seems as if your intoxicated as your beating away at the keyboard with your senseless jive.

Please go get some professional help.

By the way, Leave Nick Winters out of this...He's a 14 year old kid dealing with his own personal issues...You on other hand are grown adult who should know better.

like I said before in another post, Your reputation is shot. I hope this was all worth it for you. Nice job, Einstein.

First, don't you have to be retired for five years before you can be considered for enshrinement? :lol:;)

Second, someone so needs to create the plaque! :lol::D:P

THD's brain seems to have retired from common sense a long time ago, therefore he still qualifys for entry and of course, acceptance into the hall.

We are currently having trouble fabricating/scratchbuilding the plaque however, due to lack of information on custom re-invented water based chroming techniques and airbrushes.

Perhaps a plaque wrapped in fine interior leather would suffice....Oh wait!! that tutortial was never completed either.... :lol: