Model Cars Magazine Forum

2013 Cannonball Run CBP

Nick Winter

I finished the engine on the Corvette/Camaro, Cormaro, whatever... The photos flatter it but the silvers were not as diverse as I'd hoped so in real life it's kind of flat. But I'm getting better at fuel lines. I should, it took two very patient evenings.

Engine1_zpsd3ab6d9b.jpg

Engine2_zps38efa6d7.jpg

Engine3_zpsfff344ac.jpg

A small update from me.

Seems that with all the power in the car, and that this is going to be a race, I need a cage for protection.

post-10605-0-25820700-1363934307_thumb.j

Hoping to get some paint on it soon too.

And the bodywork is still a mess and need a lot of attention

Here's another little update, it's going pretty smooth for now the differential is in so now it can stand on it's own.

Post3Pic1_zpsc6906b11.jpg

And Here it is, the tires are from a 67 Chevelle pro street but I got these by themselves online.

Post3Pic3_zps3558c882.jpg

I must say I'm happy to see it sitting on it's tires like this not looking like a complete tragedy. lol

Post3Pic2_zps480ee49e.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Here's a quick little update, Today with the help of my good friends Knife, File, and Sandpaper the tranny from the front engine was removed and setup to link the engines together. Both engines are from 67 GTX's. I have 2 because when I tried to build one 7 - 8 odd years ago as my second or third build ever I messed it up somehow. I don't really remember but either the paint screwed up or something fell on it. In any case the body was toast. Wal-Mart at the time had all their models clearanced out for like 5-7 bucks so I just got another and that's how I ended up with 2 identical engines.

Anyway that's the story behind the engines now here are some pictures, starting with engine #1

Post4Pic1_zps93597d83.jpg

Engine #2

Post4Pic2_zpsff326eb1.jpg

And here they are linked up, I tried my hand at making a flywheel for engine #1 but it didn't turn out to well so I may end up redoing it later on

Post4Pic3_zps1393e7bf.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

sorry there hasnt been a whole lot of progress on the elcamino i been waiting on my fuel cells to get here the bed will have three 12 gallon cells and the stock 14 gallon cells which is 50 gallons yes itll be heavy but the suspension will have some upgrades. but im on the search for a 6 speed for it to ease the pain of fuel consumption

I finished the engine on the Corvette/Camaro, Cormaro, whatever... The photos flatter it but the silvers were not as diverse as I'd hoped so in real life it's kind of flat. But I'm getting better at fuel lines. I should, it took two very patient evenings.

Engine1_zpsd3ab6d9b.jpg

Engine2_zps38efa6d7.jpg

Engine3_zpsfff344ac.jpg

Great job on the engine it shure looks good!!

Some progress from my 66 Buick.

I built the Hasegawa years ago and was lucky, while my brother gave the amt-kit it to me. That was the funny part. the bad one is, that it is a kit, i didn't like, becaus the steelaxle goes thru the engine - it is "just" a curbsidekit...wow.

o.k. who cares? the wheels in the kit are also not my taste - the rims, yes. the tires? No way...

So i grabbed a set out of my partsbox:

CIMG130319_017.jpg

...and what the...?

Looks like a SUV?!?

CIMG130319_018.jpg

I drilled new holes and now - much better B)

CIMG130319_026.jpg

The next fault was, to put an other engine like the stock in. You see the wheelhouses open for the stance?

CIMG130320_000.jpg

I tried built a "perfect looking" engine bay - i gave up. No chance, to get good looking wheelhouses AND fitting the hood...so i glued the hood. Bad thing, i know.

Next, i removed the doorhandles and trim, sanding the edges smooth. After filling and wetsanding, i painted the body in the first color and also a layer of clearcoat:

CIMG130324_022.jpg

CIMG130324_024.jpg

Looking acceptable.

"What is not under the hood, must seize the optics" :lol:

Edited by Dominik

got the body painted, decaled, and foiled and now ill let it sit for a few days and then rub out all the nasty roughness. I also got the engine painted, I didn't have hemi orange paint so I had to custom mix some regular colors into this so I hope its close.

103_0049_zps7d7a0371.jpg

103_0053_zpsd8fc7c63.jpg

103_0058_zpse1996e5a.jpg

103_0059_zps60ead25e.jpg

103_0057_zps58e4fa13.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

Okay I thought it would be great time to get this one rolling. So it's my '69 Torino Talladega which will have Ford Big Block and ProCharger. Well since I guess those two brothers who are going to participate in the race will drive High speeds with this one, I figured out I should make a proper Roll Cage for this one. Luckily I had Polar Lights' Petty Torino, which is same year model than this one. I'm scratchbuilding a cage from Plastic tubing using that cage as basis.

I Made some simple drawings of how to bend those tubes...

DSCN2029.jpg

Here's the start:

DSCN2028.jpg

This is where I am at right now:

DSCN2044.jpg

And I painted the engine block with primer. It needed only a bit sanding and smoothing before primer - but no putty or Bondo.

DSCN2043.jpg

hi Guys, did'nt get much done this month, weathers been to good. got the interior filled in and started under the bonnet, the motors from a tamiya amg mercedes and fits in the bmw chassic nicely. the biggest problem is the windscreen goes to far in the engine bay, i'll trim it back and start filling in the gaps.

post-8854-0-38653400-1364751546_thumb.jp

post-8854-0-88895500-1364751585_thumb.jp

post-8854-0-68495200-1364751626_thumb.jp

is anyone else having issues putting up pix here?? i've been trying all day and keep getting a [stopped script] blah blah blah yadi yada....

anyhoo...my entry is the revell muscle 69 superbee 440 6pak. since fuel economy is an issue here i've decided to ditch the 6pak in favor of a single 4bbl and i'm using an intake from an old johan petty nascar kit, pretty sure it was a superbird but might have been a roadrunner. the carb comes from the engine parts box and i have no idea as to its origin. tenatively, i'm running goodyear nascar eagles with nascar rims (but that could change) stance has been lowered 3 1/2 scale inches all around and the color will be grabber green w/ black interior. sure wish i could get these pix up...if anyone might could maybe help with that, please do!

Edited by knarf

Engine1_zpsd3ab6d9b.jpg

Engine2_zps38efa6d7.jpg

Engine3_zpsfff344ac.jpg

This looks good. However, IF you are going for 100% accuracy, the fuel line for the fuel injection would never come from a mechanical fuel pump as they aren't capable of making the 45-65 psi of fuel pressure required. In fact, the late model engine blocks for the fuel injected cars aren't even cast with a provision FOR a mechanical pump. Just some info I'm throwing out there. If you are like me and don't really care about 100% accuracy none of this makes any difference though.