Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan Superbird & Revell Charger Daytona

Platerpants

Well thanks to GTX6970 and dimaxion I got 2 halves of a johan superbird body and combined them. they(it will be sitting on an AMT 69 gtx chassis and interior. the MPC 69 daytona i have it next to is its so called brother, i will be buying a a revell daytona and doing it up the same way as the blue daytona i have and it will replace its spot on the shelf. Both Daytonas and the bird are/will be light blue with a gray interior. Both will sit on daytona 500 wheels and hopefull both have 426 hemis.1021120923.jpg1021121026.jpg1022122007.jpg1022122007a.jpg1022122008.jpg

Edited by Platerpants

Glad to do it, this way some body will use it and not end up in the trash bin

hopefully it never will be in the trash or destroyed.i finally got the hood to cooperate with an extension. either the body or hood was warped but i got it worked out so far. hopefully paint will be on the hood friday

well theres gonna be another build in this topic a revell 69 daytona. it will replace the blue mpc daytona i have i already stole the hemi cylinder heads and valve covers from it. does any one know how to update titles of topics? sorry new phone wich meens new camera so smaller pictures.

1107121923.jpg?t=1352334234

Edited by Platerpants

finally got the amt gtx from amazon. im so happy it has a 426 hemi engine option but no hemi badges. the only downfall it seems the gtx glass it too wide for my bird. starting pictures for the superbird and daytona today both are gonna be 426 hemi light blue street cars with custom license plates

I like the Air Grabber on the Superbird, I always thought they should have had that as a factory option :)

you can thank dimaxion for that he was gonna convert it to a roadrunner so thats the hood he bought for it. then i had to lengthen it to fit the longer front end of the bird. got both the daytona and superbird engines painted.

Got a little wing work done. so what if the daytona had an emblem on the wing like the superbirds did? would it have been the famous dodge super bee window decal? i think it would have but maybe with like charger daytona around it. you can also see how bad i am at repairing wings on the superbird. both winged warriors are blue and white other than the roadrunner hood stripe. oh and the wing logo on the bird is paper and tape to hold it on.securedownload-7.jpg

ordered 2 wired distributors from detail master a can of flat gull gray for the seats and dashes. got a little interior work done on both. red shifter knobs, and the chassis and body from the bird and gtx are now modded to fit together. so dont expect many engine updates for a week or so.securedownload-8.jpg