Model Cars Magazine Forum

A Dodge & a Nissan? Magnissimo? R34 Magnum? Am I nuts?!

Zoom Zoom

Gregg made an AMT 300C clip work on a magnum :blink: but i still like this :blink:

Thanks! I have almost made the Revell 1/24 300C SRT-8 front clip work on the Magnum:

2-vi.jpg

Still needs a few tweaks around the wheel openings; the clip was wider than the wagon body, I had to spread it open to match, so I have to use a modified SRT-8 windshield from the 300 donor. The Revell 300C SRT-8 has a better look than the AMT 300, w/the chin spoiler and much better headlamp detail (AMT's headlight detail is pretty poor). I waited patiently for the Revell 300 to come out to do the conversion. Wheels are from a Maisto diecast Chrysler ME-Four Twelve.

Here you can see where the cuts were made (I kept the sedan cowl for strenght and so the hood would fit), and my way to keep the body strong w/o cracking:

3-vi.jpg

5-vi.jpg

That's going to be very cool...I have a couple extra Magnum kits that I've taken the engines, seats, etc from to do a Pro-Touring style '68 Charger and '70 Challenger..... I've thought of the 300C front end or maybe a Charger SRT8 front end on one of the Magnum bodies.

And a Dodge & Nissan hookup isn't that outrageous, since next gen Nissan Frontier is going to be a badge-engineered Dodge Ram from what I've read, and Dodge may get a version of the Nissan Versa..

Edited by Rob Hall

I've thought of the 300C front end or maybe a Charger SRT8 front end on one of the Magnum bodies.

And a Dodge & Nissan hookup isn't that outrageous, since next gen Nissan Frontier is going to be a badge-engineered Dodge Ram from what I've read, and Dodge may get a version of the Nissan Versa..

Flintstone sells both styles of bodies for an AMT 300C and I think Revell Charger with Magnum rear end...problem is you buy the resin body and you still need both kits for donors. They're only 10 bucks, but you might have as much monkey-around time on the resin as you would have cutting/grafting from two donors to make one kit. I'm glad I waited for the 300C SRT-8, even if the front was a bit wider and I had to be more clever w/the graft.

I think the Dodge Ram will be the basis for a Nissan Titan; the Frontier is a smaller truck...not sure if Dodge might end up w/a badge-engineered Frontier to replace Dakota.

I started this project early in '07, before the talks w/Nissan got so hot. And before the new GTR came out.

anybody can make Dodges better, even monkeys ;)

George, there are some real sweet Japanese and European hotrods that don't all have annoying huge mufflers, useless aluminum double wings and stereo systems and useless "look good" objects

well George I'm sure you recognize this puppy!

IMG_0829.jpg

34469-gtmartinsson-audi-80-quattro-.jpg

I mean come on the whole front end is off and that thing has power, like 730BHP thats BRAKE, thank the Swedes!

Gregg made an AMT 300C clip work on a magnum :lol: but i still like this ;)

same here

Thanks! I have almost made the Revell 1/24 300C SRT-8 front clip work on the Magnum:

2-vi.jpg

I love that picture Bob, that just looks sweet with those wheels, stance and everything, it reminds me HIGHLY of the BTCC Volvo that's why! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more progress; the body is painted silver w/one clearcoat. I'll be masking/painting the lower aero pieces gunmetal and then shooting more clear. Took awhile to get to this point, and the bodywork will never be as precise as I'd like :P

Not sure if I'll leave the hood slats silver or paint them flat black; their surfaces aren't really smooth even after block sanding so flat black might do a good job of hiding that.

IMG_5008-vi.jpg

IMG_5010-vi.jpg

IMG_5010-vi.jpg

• 3 months later...