Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Cars worldwide...

As I keep saying, I was born in New Zealand but have lived exactly half my life, the last 31 years, in Switzerland.

At home we speak a mix of (Swiss) German and English, often mixing the two up mid-sentence.

I read the other day that the area I live in, kanton Zürich, has more classic cars per pop. than anywhere else in the world.

Half way up the East Coast of Australia here (about 2 1/2 hours drive north of WARRA48 , yell out if you're ever up my way) in a tiny piece of Paradise called Red Rock ,

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=Red+Rock,+New+South+Wales&hl=en&ll=-29.983784,153.228035&spn=0.020445,0.042272&sll=-32.010396,135.119128&sspn=77.589035,173.144531&oq=red+rock+n&hnear=Red+Rock+New+South+Wales&t=h&z=15

And some local colour in the way of a long term scratch build project of one of my cars , a 1971 Nota Fang (mini based 2 seat road/race car )

plug2.jpg

minifang2.jpg

And a restored Fang , not mine sadly , mine has a long way to go ....

p1010111en9.jpg

p1010114ee3.jpg

Never heard that but I did hear there were some sold in South America so it's possible. But they would have been built in Canada. GM Canada shipped Canadian Pontiacs to a lot of places. Europe and Austrailia for example. It was cheaper to do it that way, especially in Commonwealth countrys where it would avoid tarifs on the American cars.

Beumonts were also built in South Africa with RHD.

758_1.jpg